Chapter 32

Timothy's POV(its been a while so to those who don't remember, he's Maddison's dad)

"No vampire or rogue activity has been observed in three days. Even sightings of Marcus's forces have decreased dramatically. These were the reports our patrols have given me a while ago." Rick the head councilman explained as he held the meeting with the Alphas along with the werecats who were in command of the forces that stayed here. But I could help but notice that one of them was missing. The beta of the werecat pride that Jayden had become acquatances with.

Snapping out of these thoughts, I listened back to the meeting that was at hand. "These may seem to be good news for some but let us remember that we should not underestimate our enemy."

I turned to Garreth who had just spoke out in a serious tone.

"I agree. For all we know, Marcus is making a move in which we have to be ready for. I suggest that we put the capital in alert level one just to be sure. Jayden's group had just left yesterday and we aren't yet sure when they'll come back. Marcus may be thinking that this is his chance to attack us since he's not here. We have to be ready for anything." I added.

"I agree with Alpha Mclaire. But putting the capital in alert level one means that we have to post more of our warriors. Now I have no quarrel with that but there's just so much territory that we have to cover and some of our warriors are still healing from past battles." Another alpha voiced his concern upon the meeting and the council.

"Perhaps it would be alright if we ask the werecats to assign some of their troops in areas where ours can't cover??"

"I'm sure it would be fine, but I would have to ask Leo first for he's the one our prince had assigned to look after things while he and Alpha Darryl are gone." The werecat answered.

"Where is this Leo if I may ask??" I questioned.

"I don't know Alpha. He's been gone most of the day but I believe that he has errands to run." Nodding at this, I couldn't help the feeling that something was weird here.

"Then it is settled. We are to place the whole capital in alert level one and with the werecat's permission, they will put out some of their warriors to help patrol the whole territory. Now you may all go. We will call for another meeting if we see another issue that needs to be addressed."

All of us started to pile out of the council room after that. I saw Garreth exit the room and moves to catch up with up.

"Garreth." He turned towards me at the mention of his name. "Have you heard any news from Jayden??"

Seconds passed before he slowly shook his head at me. "No. I've tried calling but he's not picking up his phone. But don't worry cause sooner or later he'll contact us."

"I hope so. Cause given the fact that Marcus is being awfully quiet, there might be a chance that he knows of what Jayden plans. He might be making a move on them at the town."  I said as we walked through the hallway.

"Of that does happen then we just have to trust that they will pull through like they always do. Have faith, the Goddess will protect them."

We walked into the large living room where some wolves stayed, and there we saw Taylor who I found out  was Lucas's mother. She was currently playing with him as Jonathan sat by quietly keeping an eye on her.

When he saw us walk in, he immediately asked some questions.

"How did the meeting go Tim??"

"It was fine, I'll fill you in later. Where's Christina??" I asked wondering where my mate was.