Chapter 47

Jayden's POV

Half an hour has passed since the doctor came to check up on Rose and run some tests.

Now, I was standing by the door while Lorence sat by the bedside along with Elise and Darryl.

Rose was sleeping peacefully since they gave her some meds for the pain and some sedatives so that she could get some sleep.

But I felt guilt wash over me whenever I see the bruises on her body.

"I should have stopped it sooner." I mumbled to myself but it seemed like someone heard me.

"It wasn't your fault. Sometimes, trainees get hurt during training." Lorence said giving me a small assuring smile.

"Not to this extent." I said. "I'm really sorry Lorence."

"Like I said." He got up from his seat and walled up to me with a sigh. "It wasn't your fault."

I gave him a small smile as I turned back to Rose who was still sleeping soundly.

My sights went to Darryl again and that's when I realized something.

"Hey Darryl??" He turned to me questioningly. "Yeah??"

"Where's Leo??" I asked.

"He said he had some duties to attend to. Why??" I felt Rose stirring as he had just read my thoughts.

"I have to talk to Mikey about something. Is it alright if I come back later to check up on her??" I asked, turning to Lorence.

"Yeah. You don't have to ask my permission." He assured.

"Thanks. See you guys later."

Walking through the halls of the clinic, I soon bumped into Louren and my mate's mom, Christina.

"Luna, Loury. What are you doing here??" I asked them.

"Really Jayden?? You're still calling me Luna." She said as she crossed her arms and I gave out a chuckle.

"Old habits die hard I guess. So, where are you two headed??"

"I told Luna here about what happened with Rose. She wanted to make sure she was alright." Louren answered.

"That sweet girl. I really hope she's alright."

"Don't worry. The doctor said she's out of danger and just needs rest. Her room's that way." I said as I pointed the direction that I came from.

"Oh thank the Goddess. Well, we'll be on our way sweetheart." Christina said as she stroked my cheek with her hand making me smile a bit.

The two of them then walked away and I continued my way out of the clinic to try and look for Mikey.

"Mikey, where are you at??" I called him in our link and waited for him to answer.

"I'm in the kitchen. Leo's here along with Tracy and Kate." I hear his answer.

"Good. Did Leo and Tract do anything suspicious??"

"Nope. Kept my eye on them the whole time after what happening with Rose and Taylor. How is she by the way??" I felt a bit relieved that Mikey kept an eye on them.

"She's alright. Just needs some rest." I link, just as I saw Taylor a few meters in front of me and I felt my anger rising.

"I have to go. You know what to do. Keep an eye on them." I instructed.

"Will do." he said, and with that our link was cut.

I then proceeded to walk towards where Taylor was currently standing with the guy who looked really familiar.