Chapter 58

Jayden's POV

"Jayden..."

I hear a voice call me..

"Jayden..."

Who's calling me??

My eyes slowly opened to darkness...

Utter darkness...

"Where am I??" I asked myself as I wondered around the dark room.

"Jayden..."

I hear the voice again which made me tense up when I felt power within the tone.

" Who are you?!?!" I called out and there came silence before a low laugh echoed around me.

"You know who I am.. We haven't yet personally met but, you know who I am..." The voice said.

"If I knew you then I wouldn't be asking who you are now, would I??" A low grumble cane before a chuckle was heard.

"Think, Jayden. Think hard.. You know, who I am." Doing as told, I tried to remember where I heard this voice before but I was certain that I haven't. But then another wave of power came to me and it was only then I realized where I felt this kind of power before.

Looking ahead of me, I saw a pair of blood red eyes gazing at me through the darkness.

"You're the beast..." I found myself saying before an eerie silence came but still the eyes looked at me.

"Beast??" The voice almost growled. "Is that what they're calling me?? A beast??"

"After what you did, are you surprised??" I sneered.

"You mean after what YOU, let me do."

"I TRIED TO STOP YOU!! I TRIED TO MAKE YOU STOP!! YOU KILLED SO MANY INNOCENT WARRIORS IN COLD BLOOD!!" I shouted angrily at the being who soon stood up as the light started to shine at where he was. Revealing that he was inside some sort of cage.

"Surprised??" He asked me in his animalistic voice at my shocked expression. "I do not regret killing those warriors. THEY, attacked first. I only defended myself."

"Defended yourself?? You even tried to kill my friends!!! Our father!! Alpha Garreth!! Alpha Timothy!!"

"I admit. My instincts kind of took over a bit too much. Knowing that Marcus has yet again kidnapped our pup, enraged me. But still, they are alive. Aren't they??" He asked in a curious tone.

"They are. What is your name??" I asked.

"Mavri Skia." He answered.

" Mavri. I will never give you the chance of hurting them again. I won't take that risk. You are never going to get out of this cage, ever again." I promised, before seeing his eyes narrowing at me.

"You are afraid of me." I wasn't a question. It was a statement.

"You gave me a reason to be." He gave me a grunt at that.

"Well that's a bit confusing. Why would you be afraid of being yourself??"

"I am not, a monster!!" I growled.

"No, you aren't. You're a hybrid. And I, am a part of you. Being afraid of me, is the same as saying that you are afraid of yourself. Of who you truly are." He said as he put his head against the bars of the cage.