Chapter 112

3rd person's POV

As Elise mentally raised the spikes, Marcus went in for his attack which made the witch use her power to send out the shadow objects his way.

Though the Vampire Lord saw them hurling towards him and made every effort to dodge.

Ducking his head as one spike narrowly misses, he used his speed as he got to where Elise was in a matter of seconds.

Before the witch could realize it, Marcus now already has her lifted by her throat while she struggled to get his hand off of her.

"I'm impressed mother. I didn't think you'd know some tricks. Though I thought that you'd put up a better fight." He sneered and was about to snap her neck when he felt a stab on his back.

Letting out a pained scream, he made sure to keep his grip tight on the witch's neck before turning to see who had attacked him.

But was surprised to see Elise standing a few feet away.

Turning his head back, he saw that the one he was holding by the neck was slowly dissolving into shadowy smoke.

Outraged, Marcus turned to his mother in anger. Pain erupting from his back as he was unable to pull out the spike, cause whenever he tried his hand would just go right through the shadow object.

"Those aren't the only tricks I know, Marcus." Elise said with a slight frown on her face. "Would you like to see?? Then you will understand that I'm not like those normal casters."

The witch's eyes slowly turned pitch black. Her body straining as she summoned her power.

(That's what Elise looks like with pitch black eyes

(That's what Elise looks like with pitch black eyes.)

"Vincula sunt obumbratio." She muttered before the shadows around them suddenly went for Marcus.

The hybrid tried to dodge them but was too late when the darkness wrapped around his body.

Like chains made from darkness, it prevented him from any movement possible as he tried struggle.

"LET ME GO!!" he bellowed out, making some of his forces hear him which made them turn for the witch. Wanting to help their lord.

Yet as they did, Elise just merely had to mutter a few words and their screams and whimpers could then be heard.

Impaled by the pitch black spikes, their blood spattered as they slowly went to their deaths.

Sweat started to form on the witch's face as exhaustion slowly went to consume her.

She could also feel a searing sensation in her chest as well as her worsening headache from her continuous casting of spell and incantations using dark magic.

It was taking a toll on her.

It has been a long time since she had casted dark spells continuously. And her energies were getting drained. Plus the fact that she had just escaped from a kidnapping a while ago.