Chapter 41

3rd person's POV

As the Moon Goddess silently watched the happenings of her children, the air in her realm changed which signified that she had a visitor.

"I am sorry to intrude, Goddess." Came a voice.

The Goddess turned to gaze upon the ancient being that now stood before her.

"Fate. Might I ask why you're here??" She asked after giving the being a light bow.

"I've come baring a request. And I know that you wouldn't want to hear this, but it concerns your favorite pair of mates. Jayden Grey and Maddison Mclaire." A sigh came from the Goddess as she eyed Fate worriedly.

"And you are right. They have been through enough. I do not appreciate you putting my children though what you have put Jayden and his mate through." She said with an ounce of disdain towards the being.

"I am sorry Goddess. But I am only trying to give them the best chance they have. That is what you want, am I correct??" Fate said looking at the Goddess with seriousness.

"What is it you want from them now??" She grimly asked.

"Actually, this request goes to Ms. Mclaire."

Jayden's POV

Dinner was just about to be served and now I sat here with Lucas beside me on his high chair when Taylor sudden sat on my other side to which I inwardly groaned out in annoyance.

"Do you mind if I feed Lucas tonight??" She asked and that made me look at her with a raised brow.

"It's fine. I got it." I said but it seemed she was really persistent.

"Please Jay. Just let me do this." She said as she placed her hand on my arm. "Please."

After looking at her with slightly narrowed eyes and after contemplating it in my mind, I gave out a sigh before exchanging seats with her so that she can feed Lucas his baby food.

As I sat down, I anonymously turned to where Rose and her brother sat to see that she had a slight frown on her face.

"Jay." At the call of my name, I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah??" I asked, turning to my parents. "You okay sweety??"

I gave them a smile before nodding my head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just had some thoughts in my mind."

Babyish coughs made me immediately turn to Lucas to see that he was spitting out his food.

My instincts kicked in and I immediately check to see if he was alright.

"Feed him slowly, and don't put too much baby food on the spoon when you do." I almost snapped as I wiped the food off of his face before giving him his bottle that had water in it.

"I-I'm sorry I.. I didn't mean.." Taylor stuttered making me sigh out.

"Just go and eat you dinner. Let me feed him." I didn't leave any room for her to argue as I giving Lucas his food.

Minutes passed till Lucas was full so I gently wiped his face before going to eat my own dinner.

"I think I'll turn in you guys. See you all tomorrow." Leo said before getting up from him seat.

"Huh?? It's still a bit early." His Alpha reasoned.

"Yeah but I have a bit of a headache so I recon that I rest. Sorry man." I noticed that Rose and Lorence where looking at him intently.

"Oh before you head to your room can you check uo on Tracy?? She mentioned to me a while ago that she wasn't feeling well too." A girl I remember was named Kate asked the beta.