Chapter 36

Jayden's POV

As Rose now bravely stood between us, I felt a sudden urgency as now she was in danger.

I quickly moved in front of her, trying to not give this white wolf the chance to attack her.

"Mikey, tell here to get back." Hearing what I said, he moved to do as I said.

"He wants you to get back Rose. C'mon." He was about to move and come get her but she stopped him.

"No. I will not move and let you both to try and kill each other. If you're both itching for a fight then save it for the enemy." She burst out catching me by surprise for this is the first time that I have saw her pissed.

The white wolves around us stayed silent as the one that I fought stared at the female werecat carefully.

He then probably decided to investigate her further cause the next thing I knew he slowly started walking towards her and that made me give out a low warning growl.

"Jayden." I hear Tobias's voice call me and that made me turn to look at him. "Just wait."

The wolf came closer and Rose quietly still stood staring at the wolf as well. And as unwilling as I was, I did as what the warlock said but still kept a ready guard.

When the white wolf finally reached her, he still gave her his calculating gaze as like what he did to me, he started to breath in her scent.

But then something different happened. The wolf's eyes widened in shock before he stepped backwards from Rose but his eyes never leaving her.

He then let out a loud howl to which the other wolves followed. We had no idea what was happening as we just stayed quiet and looked on as they all started shifting.

Shifting back into their human selves.

'But I had thought that they couldn't until...' Seconds passed as to where the white wolves was a while ago now stood a man who looked no older than my father.

He had a stunned look on his face as he stared at his hands. He started feeling his face as if he couldn't believe what had just happened.

And when it looked like he had made sure that it was real, he looked up at Rose who looked just as shocked as they were.

"Finally."

Tobias looked in surprise as different men and women now stood around us. "T-That means.."

"Yes. We've found the new keeper of the stone. And I thank you casters for helping us all these years." The the man in front of me and Rose answered.

With that, I shifted back to my human self and curiously looked at him. "Who are you??"

"My name is Raymond. I'm the Omega of the Lunari." I let out a soft chuckle when he said this.

"Well it's nice to meet another fellow omega." I said before wincing when I used my injured leg.

Rose caught me before I could fall and the others quickly helped me.

"Indeed it is. And this young one is an omega as well??" He asked looking at Mikey.

"Yup. What's it to ya whitey??" Darryl then gently elbowed him at that.

"What?!?!"

A low laugh was then heard as Raymond looked at him with an amused expression. "A really amusing young warrior. Come. There are things that need to be discussed."

At this, Mikey handed me some shorts and a t-shirt before we all followed Raymond and his group wearily.

"Jayden right??" I nodded as Rose and Mikey helped me walk since I still found it difficult. "I'm sorry for attacking you. I had no choice for we had to protect the stone no matter what. But I have to say, you are powerful. For I have seldom seen a pure black wolf before. Very rare. Even more so than white wolves."