Chapter 107

3rd person's POV

The pain that Jayden had felt at that moment was beyond comprehensible. He could feel it engulfing him slowly as a connection within him was broken.

His chest tightened.

His grief increased.

The first person that came to his mind was his mom. The pain that she must be in right now. Losing your mate is one if not the most painful thing that could happen to a supernatural.

The sheer loneliness and a feeling of being incomplete are things that you'd know well.

"I must say that you inherited your stubbornness from your father." Marcus said.

As weak as Jayden was, he tried everything he could to shift. He tried everything he could to call Ros but to no avail.

He wanted nothing more than to kill Marcus.

But how can he when he was too weak??

Long since forgotten and forgiven words were heard in his mind.

Weak.

Pathetic.

Useless.

But this time, the only voice he heard saying these words was his own.

As the blood slowly slid down from the still open wound on his torso, he felt multiple intrusions piercing the skin on his shoulder.

Marcus dug his long, sharp claws deep within Jayden's flesh. Earning a pained and crackling groan to escape the wolf hybrid as the vampire lord made him sit up before moving behind him.

"Look at him. The body of your dead father." He said, holding the back of Jayden's head as he made him look at the place where the corpse lied.

"He died saving your life. Well, tried to save your life anyways. If only you had the strength to kill me. Then maybe, he'd still be alive right now." Jayden didn't want to admit it, but for him what Marcus said was true. If he was strong enough, his dad would still be alive. He'd still be there to watch his own grandpup grow.

But because of him, he couldn't. Be ause of him, he's dead.

Many looked at him as their only hope. Their only chance at ever defeating Marcus. But now, for him that was too far away from the truth.

He tried his best. He did everything he could. He fought with everything he's got.

But still, it wasn't enough.

"Not everything."

"And he's only the start." Marcus continued. " One by one, everyone you care for will die. I will personally take care of it myself. The only thing is that you won't be able to witness it yourself. And as much as I want to see you suffer even more..." He tightened his grip on his shoulder. Digging his claws deeper into his flesh as blood seeped out of every wound.

"I can't take that risk with you."

Just as he said that, Marcus was ripped away from with one throw as a dirty blonde wolf ferociously bit down on the hybrid's leg.

Moving to bite down on Marcus's shoulder as he was down on the ground, the wolf vigorously shook with everything she's got as she clawed the surprised vampire lord.

She didn't give him time to recover.

As she once again threw him a few feet away before pouncing him remorse.

And why would she feel that for the one whose trying to take away everything she cares for. For the one who had hurt the one she loves.

Jayden watched on as Maddison fought. Slowly drifting in and put of consciousness as his vision blurred. The image of his father dying played back, and the thought that his own mate might end up the same wasn't a comforting thought.