Chapter 113

Maddison's POV

The smile on the vampire lord's face never seemed to have left as he stared at me with those pitch black eyes.

He still had my dad and the others were suspended in mid air along with the warriors, but with one flick of Marcus's hand and they were all thrown back. Followed by a chorus of thuds resonating through the air.

I quickly scanned to see if they were alright and saw them wincing out while others seemed unconscious.

But otherwise, they were all still alive.

"Stubborn. Just like your mate." Marcus mused. Raising his hand to show me his slowly sharpening claws along with his elongating fangs.

"You know, they say that even when someone's unconscious they can still hear everything that's happening around them. Which means...." He said, with his sinister smile clearly showing me his intent.

"If I make you scream out in agony, your mate's going to hear it loud and clear." Taking slow steps forward, he then looked at me directly in my eyes.

Do you all know the saying that goes,
' The eyes are the windows to the soul.' ??

Cause when I looked into the Vampire Lord's eyes, I only saw complete darkness. Which either meant that his soul was the very essence of darkness, or that he doesn't even have one at all.

"Well..." I hear Marcus start talking which made me give him another glare. But that didn't mean that my heart wasn't pumping quickly due to the fear that was creeping throughout my body.

"It was really nice knowing you, Ms. Mclaire. I would've loved to have some fun with you like last time, but I guess all nice things do have to come to an end I suppose." He said, looking at his clawed right hand before turning back to me.

"Now, how about you give me a little scream as you meet your demise." The hiss in his tone was the only warning I had before he started running towards me using his speed.

Faster than what I had previously anticipated.

And even with the blessing that the Goddess has bestowed upon me, giving me the powers of a white wolf, Marcus was too fast for me to even try to block his attack.

With his claws bared, just as he had reached me, I felt him aiming for the vital part on my throat. Moving my body, I immediately tried to dodge him but knew that it was impossible due to our closeness.

And as his claws came closer and closer towards me, I knew that when they find their mark, my death would come very shortly.

The sinister smile on Marcus's face still present.

Just then, sudden movement came and I was thrown to the side as I was pushed. Quickly putting my hands out so that I wouldn't fall face first on the ground, I looked back up to see who had pushed me.

And as I did, my eyes widened at the scene. The woodsy scent, strong as my mate now stood right in front of me. His left hand, firmly holding Marcus's right wrist as a low and animalistic growl erupted from him.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!!!" He snarled out with utmost ferocity as the claws on his right hand quickly sharpened.

He went on to trying to rake them through Marcus's body, but the vampire lord managed to break free of my mate's hold just it time to dodge it.

Just as he did, Jayden dropped down on his knees. Head slightly bowed as his hair prevented me from seeing those green orbs that I missed.

Making my way to him, I lightly placed my hand on his shoulder as he continued to breath heavily.