Chapter 90

Jayden's POV

I opened my eyes with a start. Immediately remembering the dream I had, talking with the Goddess.

But unfortunately, I also remembered the warning she had given me and I looked beside me to see Maddison still sleeping soundly.

A small smile appeared on my face as I slowly tucked away her hair that covered her face.

' I definitely won't regret choosing you.' I thought before looking at the wall clock to see that it was still a bit early.

3:48am.

"A few more hours. A few more hours till then." I thought before slowly getting out of bed.

I then started looking for my boxers which I found along with the rest of our clothes.

My heart skipped a beat when I remembered last night's happenings, making me unconsciously rub my neck. But then I felt a sudden jolt when I did.

I was confused and a bit concerned about it but then I remembered that Maddison and I had marked one another last night as well so that explained it.

I lightly touched her mark on my neck and like before I felt a jolt. But it wasn't painful in any way. It was like a tingling sensation. Like whenever I touch my mate but, stronger.

"We've finally completed our mating." I smiled to myself, but then it disappeared when I remembered what was going to happen later.

Maddison refused to stay behind so that means that she'd be fighting with us against Marcus.

Putting my boxers on, I picked up my jeans before rummaging in the pockets till I found what I was looking for.

Going for our room window, I quietly opened it, seeing that it was still dark out before lighting one cigarette.

Feeling the smoke entering my lungs as I sucked it in, my mind wondered on certain thoughts.

Especially about my mate.

I still haven't forgotten the nightmare i had about her dying because of Marcus. And now, she was coming with us to face that bastard. I was worried. Wait, scratch that...

I was terrified of my nightmare coming true.

The Goddess had told me that the Fates would make it even harder for us, so would there be a chance that they'd set her death??

Giving the cigarette in hand another puff, I combed my other hand through my hair upon feeling my frustration growing.

"Fates would make it hard for us. For me specifically." I thought, but then I remembered what I said to the Goddess.

I'll fight. We will all fight together.

I will make sure that Maddison will be okay, and I am going to kill Marcus.

"Well that's if you can handle him." Another voice came in my head.

My frustration grew as well as my anger cause I knew who this voice came from and I was definitely not happy.

"I can handle Marcus. And you'll see that I don't need you, Mavri."

"Keep telling yourself that Jayden. Tell me. How much stronger did you get since the last time you and Marcus fought?? Do you really think you have the strength to face him tonight?? Do you really think that you can save our mate if he tries to kill her??" His animalistic voice said.

"I'd die fighting Marcus if I have to!! He's not going to lay a finger on her!!" I growled.

"You'd die fighting Marcus, period. And when he does kill us, he's going to kill everyone else."