Chapter 51

Jayden's POV

Seconds passed as Marcus and I looked at each other. Him, giving me that sadistic smile of his while I glared as past memories of all the things he had done played through my mind.

"So you finally show your damn face." I growled out.

"Missed me??" He chuckled. "I thought that it might be the right time to have a chat."

"You bastard. You fucking bastard." The sounds of fighting near us seemed to me in mute as all my attention was focused on the smiling bastard in front of me.

Looking around, the two of us seemed to be isolated from the others.

My wound still stung but I ignoring it for all I was thinking about was on how I was going to kill the hybrid in front of me.

"Oh don't be like that.. I just came to see how you've been. Also, how is your mate??" He asked before giving out a teasing gasp. "Oh I totally forgot. Tsk. She died right?? Oh I'm really sorry. It must have just slipped my mind." He chuckled.

And I couldn't take it. With a snarl, I went in for an attack. Lifting my clawed hand, I was planning on using it to slash Marcus on his face but was surprised when he managed to catch me.

With his sick smile he chuckled. "You've grown strong, Mutt." He said before twisting it to the side making me shout out at the sudden pain.

"But I've grown stronger." He then punch me using his other hand before connecting his knee to my stomach which made me slump down to the ground gasping and groaning from the pain.

"Unfortunately, I didn't come here to hurt you." He said before watching me groan from the hit he gave me before chuckling. "Well, I won't hurt you much."

"I'll fucking kill you." I choked out but it seemed he didn't care for what I had said.

"Really now?? How many times have you said that to me already?? How many times have you failed?? So I'm going to say what I said to you months ago. You. Cannot. Kill me. You. Could never. Beat me. Even with you being half lycan, you're weak."

I froze, and he must have noticed this.

"Oh yes. I know of your special bloodline, Jayden. Too bad you haven't yet unlocked your true potential." He crouched in front of me, so with a growl I punched him on his face before he could dodge it.

Stumbling back, I took that as my chance to get up.

"You may be stronger but I will never stop until you get what you deserve for what you did to my mate!!"

"Ahh yes. When I fucked your mate good." My eyes flared at what he said. "But I'm not here to talk about her." He said as he dusted off the dusk as he got up.

"There's nothing more to talk about." I growled.

"Nothing?? Hmm. How about your little pup??" He smirked.

"I take that you already know if what we plan to do. And the fact that, we're going to need your pup to use the Tear of the Goddess."

"I'll never allow that. You'll never get anywhere near my pup!!" I snarled, but he only chuckled.

"Who said I was going to take him??" I was getting even more pissed by the second at this point.

"I already have someone to bring the pup to me." I froze.

"Oh, you must have had the idea that you have traitors in your ranks right??"

"Leo and Tracy. They aren't exactly good at keeping their secret hidden." He suddenly laughed at what I said.