Chapter 49

3rd person's POV

In a realm where the light of the moon shines bright, the Goddess of the night silently watched in sadness.

She has watched Maddison carefully after she had left her that night. When she had told her of the Fate's decision

"Let me be happy."

She remembered Maddison's plea and felt guilt squeezing her divine heart. She had seen it all...

The hardships...

The grief...

The sadness...

She had also seen the hope in Maddison's eyes disappear with nothing left but depression.

And now, she watched as the two mates, Jayden and Maddison, talking in the clinic room. She sees the hint of happiness in her eyes as well as Jayden's.

'But it seems the Fates deem their happiness worthless.' she thought.

' So can I?? Can I forever live with the guilt in my heart?? The guilt of allowing two lovers to be separated against their wishes. Their wishes to be together.' Her thoughts continued.

' Their wishes to be happy.'

Jayden's POV

Me and Rose have been talking for a while now and I found myself enjoying it when the door opened.

Louren and Cindy walked in, with Cindy still looking a bit pissed might I add.

"Where's Mikey??" I asked.

"Here." I hear him say as he entered. I was a bit shocked when I saw him with his hair going all over.

"What happened to.." I stopped myself when a thought came to me and I chuckled. "Don't tell me that..."

"Yeah yeah. Ms, Flats here is a fast runner." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"You want me to pinch you again??" Cindy exclaimed.

"Pinch??" Rose said confusedly.

"Yeah, pinch. I can't exactly punch a twerp unless I want CHILD protection on my ass."

"Don't worry cause you don't even have an ass." Mikey mumbled.

"Alright let me at him!!" Cindy yelled which made Mikey jump behind me.

"Sheesh. Flat people nowadays. So easily angered." He smirked.

"Alright that's enough Mikey. We still need you in this war you know." I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Really sorry and know that I was just kidding Cindy." With that, the werecat calmed down a bit. "I promise, I've learned my lesson. You shouldn't mess with a flat lady."

"Mikey!!!" We all shouted as Cindy reddened again.

"I'll fucking kill you!!"

"What's going on here??" We all turned to the door to see my mom coming in with my pup in her hands.

Behind her, came in Darryl and Tobias.

"Mom." I said as I went to meet her half way.

"We came to see how Rose was. And your little pup here misses his daddy." I looked at the squirming bundle in her arms.

"Come here bud." I say as I gently took him from my mom. "I've missed you too."

I then walked back to Rose's bedside. He started cooing as he curiously stared at the werecat lying on her bed.