Chapter 100

Marcus's POV

As I watched the fight raging on in front of me, I couldn't help but feel bored. Cause I really would have thought that they'd put up a better fight against us.

"Funny." I scoffed out. Making Carlos beside me look my way. "I would have though that they'd put up a stronger fight by now."

"This war is as good as won now, my Lord. Once the Dark Wolf falls along with his pesky friends, there will be nothing left that could stand against you." I hear my commander said.

"Do not be overconfident Carlos. I may have said what I did but Jayden Grey is not just a random enemy. And the same could be said with those friends and allies of his." I said as my eyes caught something suspicious in the battlefield.

"Lord!!" I turned my head when I was called and my eyebrows rose at the sight I saw.

John slowly walked up in his human form. Holding what seemed to be an injured arm of his.

"Well, it looks to me that you came toe to toe with someone I know." I mised out as he let out a low and pained growl.

"That prick broke my arm." He said lowly. "I'm going to enjoy breaking his neck later on."

"Good luck with that then." Carlos mocked, earning a growl from the rogue alpha as my eyes went back to the sight I saw a while ago.

"Carlos." The vampire stiffened on hearing his name called before giving me his complete attention.

"Yes Lord??" He said. But my eyes still trained on something that made a sly smirk appear on my face.

"I want you to do something for me."

Maddison's POV

Tearing off a vampire's arm, I quickly bit down on his head before twisting it before hearing a sick snap.

Letting go of the now limp vampire, I found myself looking ay the direction where I knew my mate was right now.

But then I felt a sudden pain on my back as a rogue sunk its claws and canines in. Luckily, another woolf helped me out by taking the rogue off of me.

"You have to stay focused, Maddison." Dad then said through our link.

The wound on my back stung, but it wasn't something thay I couldn't handle.

"Sorry daddy. I was just..."

"It's normal to worry about your mate. But I believe that Jayden will be fine. Your mate is strong. The strongest among us all. I bet right now that he's worrying about you as well. So you have to be more careful cause nothing will hurt a wolf more that knowing that its mate is hurt." He said, looking at me seriously as I felt his alpha aura waving off of him.

"I will." I linked before turning back to the fight. "They're pushing us further back. They're going to reach all of our injured very soon if we don't stop them."

"There's nothing else we can do. Our forces are already thinned as it is. All of us can only do so much and I don't think we can last the time that Tobias needs. Not unless the Goddess herself helps us."

"We have to try." I said before running back to the fight. Not minding my wound that continued to leek blood.

I quickly pounced on a vampire, resulting on her hitting the ground with her back against me which then I proceeded to bite down on her head as I used my claws to continuously rake her back as her screams were muted by the battle around us.