Chapter 121

Jayden's POV

A while has passed as mom's cries slowly turned into soft sobs. But even so, it was still very depressing to see her kneeling on the bedside holding dad's hand.

The moment she saw him a while ago, tears fell down quickly. She didn't want to believe that he was gone. She continued sobbing out dad's name in hopes that a miracle might happen and he might wake up alive and well but there was none of that.

Only the coldness of his hand of which mom had refused to let go of.

"We'd grow old together. That was your promise when you married me, remember?? You vowed that you'd never leave me. That we'd alway be together. Then come back. Jonathan, come back please...You promised... You promised you'd never leave me..." Her cries slowly increased once more as I didn't notice the tears streaking down my face as well as my brother's.

Gesturing Seb towards the chair, I slowly help mom up from the floor as my brother brought the chair for her to sit in.

And taking the bottled water that I asked Anthony for a while ago, I opened it before handing it for mom to drink.

"How about you take some rest, mom?? You mist be tired from traveling." I softly said.

"I'm okay sweety." She choked out. "I don't want to leave your father for now."

"You won't mom." Seb answered. "But dad wouldn't want to see you like this. He'd want you to take some rest."

Mom slowly turned back to look at dad's uncovered face as she thought of what Seb had said.

"Do it for him??" I softly added to which she finally agreed.

As she gave dad a kiss on his forehead, the three of us made our way towards the door.

"We'll take you to your room. If you need anything,don't hesitate to call any of us alright??" Giving me a thankful smile, she nodded her head slowly as we walked through the halls when...

"Excuse me sir, but the council has asked for your presence." A guard said after walking up to us.

"Right now's not good. I will see them once I have time." I respectfully replied to him. He gave me a nod and was about to leave when mom spoke up.

"Jay, you can go. I'm alright so you don't have to worry about me." She said. Giving me an assuring look.

"The council a wait, mom. You're more important to me right now." I said.

"You have responsibilities sweety. Important ones that can't be delayed. And speaking with the council is one of them." She pushed.

I was about to disagree, but then she cut me off.

"I'm fine. You're brother's here, so you don't have to worry about anything." She assured, yet I was still reluctant to leave her just like that.

"Sweety, I promise that I'll get some rest. Now you need to go and see the council. You can't keep them waiting." She added. Saying with a tone that told me that there was no longer room in this conversation.

So with a sigh, I nodded my head before she pulled me in for a warm hug.

"I love you mom." She soothingly rubbed my back before pulling away with a genuine smile on her face.

"I love you too. Both of you." She looked at my brother and I when she said the last part. "Now go. I'll see you later."

As she went on with my brother towards her room, I turned back to the guard and gestured for him to lead me to where the council were.