Chapter 38

Marcus's POV

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. It opened and walked in John along with Carlos.

"We have news, my Lord." Carlos said as he gave me a slight bow.

"And that is??"

"They have the stone. And what's left of the attack force from the werewolf capital just came back." John answered for him.

"Good. Then lets just hope that things would go smoothly from here." I chuckled out.

"I'm sure it will. Our spies would make sure of that."

"I know that John. Now, we just have to wait a few days before carrying out the next phase." They both smirked when I said that.

"Lets see if they'll still trust their savior after that."

Rose/ Maddison's POV

After the whole meeting with the council and the others, Steven immediately brought me to my room. He said he had really important things to say to me regarding our mission so it would be a good time to tell him of my suspicion on Leo.

"I've been following Cindy and so far I'm starting to doubt it's her. But then I noticed something. And it made me start suspecting Cindy's brother, Leo." My eyes widened at that.

"Look I know it's hard to believe but."

"No. No that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. I've also noticed Leo acting pretty weird recently." I explain to him.

"Really?? Like what??" He asked.

"Well he's been disappearing often before we left. I know it's not much but, being a beta of a pride meant that you need to be there always. Not disappearing."

"I saw him handing a folder to a rogue before the attack." He suddenly said which shocked me.

"What?!?!"

"I saw him Madds. And the time that they attacked, I found out that they entered at the east side. Leo was supposed to be patrolling those parts at that time yet he was nowhere to be seen until after the attack." He further explained.

"This is something big. We keep an eye on him. We can't let him find out that we're on to him."

"Agreed." As he said that, I went towards my bedside and took out a locket which I brought some time ago when Steven and I were in hiding. "So how did the trip go??"

"It was fine." I said as I took the stone from my bag. "A really beautiful stone, but it holds so much power.". I then put it inside the locket before wearing it around my neck.

"Did anything interesting happen??" He asked and my thoughts immediately went to this morning when Jayden and I almost kissed.

I felt my cheeks reddening but then I fought it off and hopes that Steven didn't notice.

"By that blush I'm guessing that something did."

Shit.

"Nothing happened. And I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not blushing."

"Uhuh so I can tell that it had something to do with your mate. You don't have to tell me. Just be careful alright?? Don't tell him just yet." I didn't answer as Steven got up from my bed and headed out of the door leaving me there alone with that almost kiss playing over and over again in my mind.

I miss his kisses so much..

Sighing out, I decided on talking a walk.

But when I walked out of my room I suddenly bumped into someone and I was about to fall on the ground when strong arms caught me.