Chapter 2

Jayden's POV

When I opened my eyes it was already dark out. Lucas was still sound asleep so I decided to get something to eat since it looked like I already missed dinner.

As I walked downstairs I caught a scent. A scent which I became familiar with over time.

"Nice to know that you're back, Elise." I say as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes well, I missed you all." I was headed towards the fridge when Lina said to me. "We left you some dinner in the oven dear. You can heat it up in the microwave if you want."

I opened the oven and saw some lasagna. I decided not to heat it up since I was already pretty hungry so I just sat down on the table joining in everyone's conversation.

"So where did you head off now??" Mikey asked.

"Oh you know, just out and about. I tried to look for leads in the human cities for Marcus's hiding place but I just couldn't seem to find any."

"Human cities??" I asked before she turned towards me.

"Yes. I thought that Marcus would hide out in those places." I put down my fork as I looked at Elise with a slightly confused look.

"If you were in the cities then... Why is the scent of the forest so strong on you??" I saw her eyes widen at this for a split second before she hid her surprise with a chuckle.

"I always travel from one city to another through the woods. And whenever I do arrive I don't stay for long. If I don't see any clues that Marcus was there then I leave. And perhaps, the scent of the forest rubbed off on me."

I didn't want to assume anything. Elise has grown to be a close friend to us but I just couldn't help but be suspicious of her.

She gone most of the time. Sometimes two weeks every month and whenever we try to ask her where she goes she's always not very specific.

"Oh. You're right. Maybe it did." I say before I continued eating.

"Anyways... I have some news for you Jayden." I turned to Timothy when I heard him.

"The council has accepted your request on seeing the captured vampires." I nodded at him.

"Good. Then I leave tomorrow." They all turned towards me when I said this.

"Tomorrow?? Isn't that too sudden??" Louren said.

When she heard of what happened to my mate, it took a while before she finally accepted the fact that her friend was gone. But one thing was for sure. Raph was of great help to her when she was still in denial.

"I agree. It's too sudden." Garreth voiced.

"Marcus is still out there and those prisoners might have the key on finding him. I'm not wasting any time. I'm going." I said in a tone which told them that I wasn't going to change my mind.

Timothy sighed out. "Very well. I'll tell your father to accompany you then."

"As well as Nathan. The three of you will go."

"Fine with me." I say before getting up.

"Thanks for the dinner Lunas. Goodnight." I say before heading back to my room.

Now, I just sat by my open window with a cigarette in hand looking up at the bright moon.

Back when I was still known as the worthless Omega, back when they would always beat me. Abuse me. I would always tell myself the same thing.

Trust the Goddess..

And I did. I've always trusted that she'd bless me in the end and take me away from the difficulty of my life. That she'd finally give me some sort of happiness in the end.