Chapter 30

Lorence/ Steven's POV

Walking through the hallway, I discretely followed Cindy. But it looked like I might have lost her cause the next thing I know I was being called.

"Hey!!" Turning around, I saw a blue eyed blond walking towards me. "You're Lorence right?? Rose's brother."

Raising my brow at her, I gave a questioning look. "Yeah. Why do you ask?? And who are you exactly??"

"Uhh why don't we talk somewhere private. There's just something I wanted to say." She said, at it confused me a bit.

"Then just tell me. Why would you need me to go with you somewhere else??" Letting out a sigh, she looked around a bit before turning back to me with a serious look.

"I wanted to ask you to tell your sister to keep a distance from Jayden." I was utterly surprised by this for I never expected her to tell me this.

"I've seen the way how she looks at him. You have to tell her that he's off.." I cut her of.

"Wait wait. Who are you?? Are you Jayden's mate??" I knew that she wasn't but I was getting a bit pissed that she'd actually ask me of this.

"My name's Taylor. Taylor Hill. I'm the mother of Jayden's pup." She said.

"You didn't answer my question. Are you his mate??" I asked, completely ignoring what she said last.

"No. But still, Jayden and I have a pup. That's more than enough reason for your sister to stat away." I was really trying my best to keep my rising anger in check at this point.

"Well I think that that's not a good enough reason if Jayden doesn't accept you, right?? He already has a mate, and that's not you." I say before I could even stop myself.

She looked at me with a bit of anger at this. "His mate's dead if I remember correctly." I scoffed.

"She may be gone, but that doesn't mean that his love for her and ONLY her will disappear. She will and ALWAYS will be his one and ONLY mate."

"Well with time he'll learn to accept me. And hell, maybe he'd even fall in love with me again. And also, if that's what you think then why are you letting your sister be??" I chuckled at what she said making her look of anger towards me grow.

"As far as I know, Rose is not doing anything wrong. Now if you'll excuse me." I was walking away when Taylor suddenly called out.

"Do you really want your sister to be a homewrecker??" Clenching my fists, I masked my anger towards her as I turned to look back at her.

"Taylor Hill." I started, looking at her with distaste. "Now that I think about it, I've heard of that name before. The talks about you the members of the Bloodrose pack say. What you had done to Jayden in the past." I scoffed as she looked at me with shock.

"Now tell me. Who's the real homewrecker??" Not waiting for her reply, I walked away to go get back to what I was set out to do.

But first, I have to find Cindy first...

"Excuse me." Taken out of my thoughts, a middle aged woman who I recognized was from the Clawtooth pride smiled at me.

"Yes ma'am?? Can I help you??" I asked politely.

"I was just wondering if you've seen Beta Leo anywhere." I raised a brow at that.

"Wasn't he suppose to lead training today?? Maybe he's with the warriors." I say.

"He didn't show up. The senior warriors had to lead cause of his absence." I was really confused by this. Leo isn't someone who'd slack off from his duties unless it was really important.