Chapter 13

Jayden's POV

A knock on the door took our attention, so Darryl went to see who it was. When he opened the door, what looked like one of the guards stood there.

"Alpha, everything's ready and I have been tasked to lead the wolves to the fields." I hear him say to the werecat alpha.

"No need. I'll lead them there myself." The guard nodded his head before leaving.

Darryl turned to me and the others. "Let's go. They're already waiting."

All of us exited the room started to make our way to the fields as the guard said.

"So what's your game plan Jay?? You've never fought a werecat before. And now you're going to fight their prince." Mikey said as he walked beside me.

"Jacob's one of the very best fighters. He's also very quick on his feet, especially when he's in his cat form. So I think you'll have a really hard time pinning him down and making him submit." I listened to what Darryl said very closely.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve. But seeing that he's your prince, I agree that this is going to be a really hard fight. I guess I'll just have to do my best."

Marcus's POV

As I sat on my chair, I was pulled out of my thoughts when John walked in.

"We've received word. The Dark Wolf is having a meeting with the Werecat King as we speak." I hummed.

"Is it trustworthy?? Who told you of this??" He only smiled at me sinisterly.

"You aren't the only one who has eyes and ears everywhere Marcus. My spy had just told my mate this and, I trust her enough." Nodding my head, I got up from my seat.

"Then it's time to go on with the plan." He chuckled at this.

"Yes. Now is the time we march against the Werewolf Capital."

Jayden's POV

Upon reaching the fields, a huge crowd of werecats stood there, waiting for the fight that was to come.

"Huge crowd." I said.

"Well it's not everyday a wolf challenges one of the royal family to a fight." Leo said as we all went to a stop as the King stood on a high platform, giving me a hateful stare.

"Today, we shall witness an entertaining sight!!" He started. "For wolves have come here, asking for our help in a war against the vampires. And upon declining their request, one of them had foolishly taken it upon himself to challenge me to a duel." All eyes then turned to me and I could feel their stare of contempt.

"As a King, I cannot fight you. But in turn, I will let my son do that for me. The terms of this fight will be as you put it. If your victorious and make him submit to you, I will personally go and meet with your council. But if you lose, as you said to me a while ago...."

"You will die." I kept on a straight face as Jacob stood beside his father.

"I'll give you a chance, pup. We both know who's going to get hurt in the end. So just walk away." Jacob suddenly said and I chuckled as I took of my jacket.

"Well feel free, prince." I then took off my shirt and smirk. "While you still can."

I heard the shocked gasp from the crown and saw the flare of anger in the prince's eyes as he jumped off the platform and took off his shirt as well.

"I sure hope you said goodbye to you loved ones mutt." He growled out as he took up a ready stance.

"Oh I think you should worry about something else."