Bonus Chapter (2) - Unexpectedly Expected

3rd person's POV

Today was an exciting day for the once notorious, now well respected rogue pack.

Bloodrose.

Preparations were well underway for the night's party of honoring their second commanding omega's seventeenth birthday.

While some pack members cleaned, cooked and decorated, others, females especially, were making their own preparations for tonight.

Looking at their mirrors while picking their perfect dresses, preparing their gifts that they will be giving to the birthday celebrant.

While some, not that many, were trying to make themselves as seductive as possible.

All because they were rooting themselves to become the birthday celebrator's mate. Hoping that their Goddess would bless them with the very key at entering the omega's life as his other half.

Now the only question here, was who??

Bang

"They're so freaking irritating!!"

"Yeah, sure. Just barge into my office like that, will you." Jayden sarcastically said. Rolling his eyes as his first commander sat on the vacant chair in front of his desk.

"Sorry. But I'm just so irritated right now. I can't walk ten seconds without having some bimbo start flirting with me. Putting their gubby hands on me like... Ugh." Mikey sighed out as he frustratingly covered his face with his hands. Making his friend chuckle.

"Give them a break Mikey. Maybe they were just hoping to be your mate." He said.

"No thanks." The younger wolf sighed. "I mean, they beautiful and sexy and all but... They just weren't my type I guess."

At that, Jayden couldn't help but smile at the younger omega who he'd always considered as his own brother. With everything that they've gone through together, he couldn't be more thankful to have a friend like Mikey.

"You excited??" The Lead Omega asked.

"Bout what. My mate??"

"What else would I be talking about??" Jayden asked. Making Mikey sigh out as he went into deep thought.

"Excited and worried." He finally answered.

"Worried?? About what??" Putting his pen down, Jayden gave his friend his undivided attention. "Are you still worried that..."

"No." The younger omega cut him off before sighing out. "Maybe just a bit."

"Mikey, give me a reason why ypur mate wouldn't like you."

"That's also part of the reason why I'm worried." The younger wolf mumbled lowly. But of course, being a wolf would mean that Jayden heard.

"Wait I don't understand. I thought you were worried that your mate wouldn't want you??" Jayden asked.

"Yes, that and..." Slumping into his chair, the young omega lets out a sigh. "I'm also worried that she'd just want me because of who I am. The second commanding omega of Bloodrose."

"I want her to like me because of me. Not cause of my title."

At that, Jayden got up from his seat before slowly walking behind him.

"You know, you worry too much. That's the problem Mikey." He said. Gently placing his hands on both of his shoulders before giving them a comforting squeeze. "Everything's gonna be alright. No c'mon. You know everyone's coming. You wouldn't want them to see you like this, right??"