Chapter 42

Rose/Maddison's POV

I was frozen...

Elise and Steven along with the Goddess herself tried to call out my name but it was like I just couldn't take in more information as my mind kept om repeating what I have just been told.

' You are to never reveal yourself to your mate.'

My heart felt like it was being crushed at that moment and I didn't realize that I was sobbing until I again felt the Goddess's hand on my cheek.

Looking up at her sad eyes, I only had one question in my mind as to why Fates had to be this cruel.

"Why??" I choked out as more tears flowed down my cheeks.

"I am sorry. But that is what Fates decided on."

"Well Fates can't do this." Steven almost snapped. "I am sorry for being rude Goddess but, they can't just decide on keeping two mates separated. They have the right to be together. You yourself said that mates are to never be separated." The Goddess gave him an understanding look before nodding her head slowly.

"Yes, that is correct. But even though I am a Goddess, and even though I want nothing but for them to be together and happy. I cannot defy the Fates. As the Goddess of the Moon, ancient laws forbid me from doing so." She explained, but you could hear the strain in her tone as she did.

"But you are not just a Goddess of the Moon." I managed to say through my sobs. "You are also our Mother. Our protector."

"I know my child but.."

"Then please." I cut her off as more tears flowed. "Save me from the pain. Don't make me do it Goddess, I beg of you."

And that's beg I felt her circle her arms around me and I let her be as I cried in her embrace.

Soon, she wiped away the tears before giving me a sad smile. "You know what is right from wrong, my child. You will know what to do."

And with that, she gently pulled away from me as she took a step back.

And with one last look, moonlight shined through my window before the Goddess herself slowly disappeared. Leaving me there to face the future.

To face what the Fates have again put me on.

I hadn't realize that Elise pulled me into her comforting warmth as Steven just gave me a depressed look.

Nothing was said...

And nothing could be said...

What could you say when you've been told that you and the love of your life could never be together?? That you are to face the future alone. That you are to face the future with an incomplete feeling in your heart.

That you are to face a future where you see your love from afar, but you are to never be in his life.

As I said, nothing could be said.

And as I cried on and on in the arms of the kind witch, Jayden's face came to my mind and that made me cry even harder.

For it was the face of my love, who the Fates told me I could never have.

Jayden's POV

The next morning, I felt a bit tired since I couldn't get much sleep from what Mikey and Cole had told me last night.

Flash back

I looked at the to young boys with a confused look as to what they wanted to tell me.