Chapter 101

Jayden's POV

When Anthony, James and I along with the rest of the warriors with us neared at our western flanks, I saw the devastation that Marcus's vampires and rogues have caused.

Bodies upon bodies littered the ground.

You could see the lifeless corpses of our enemy rogues and vampires but the majority of the dead that lied here were ours.

And not only that.

Our surviving forces here were still fighting but you could really tell that they were all going to join their dead friends soon if we don't help them.

Giving out a loud snarl, I quickly shifted into my wolf before running full speed to aid them. Followed by Anthony and the other warriors behind me.

Marcus's forces seemed to have been surprised to see me and the others here. I could see their eyes lingering at me with fear relevant in them.

While the surviving warriors of our western flanks seemed to look at us with hope.

Hope that they still had the chance to live after tonight.

Tearing through every enemy that I could see, I was suddenly surrounded by four rogues who proceeded at giving me low and threatening growls as I stood ready for them to attack.

But then, I felt a sudden shift in the temperature around me.

I felt a sheer cold feeling bellow my paws, and I was surprised to see four large spikes made of pure ice suddenly appear bellow each of the rogues. Blood gushing down the spikes as it lifting them up a few centimeters off the ground giving them a slow and painful demise as they were impaled.

It was only then did I see a young female caster kneeling close by with both of her hands on the ground. Crimson stained her clothes as you could see a number of wounds around her body.

And with one more breath, she dropped to the ground.

I quickly approached her. Shifting back to my human form before checking for a pulse.

' There.' I thought.

It was then that I saw Anthony and James finishing off a number of rogues and vampires nearby with the other warriors.

"James!!" I yell out and his wolfish head turned my direction almost instantly before speeding his way over.

"She's hurt. Make sure she gets out of here safe and treated." I instructed as he nodded before shifting back to his human form. Lifting up the caster in his arms, he then dashed away without a word.

Going back to what all of us here had to do, I saw that even more vampires and rogues have arrived which really pissed me off. But at the same time, worried me as to if we can take them all with the limited and dwindling warriors that we had left.

"You have the power to kill them all within you. All you need, is to accept me and let me go free." The familiar voice of the lycan within me said.

"You're right. You have the power to kill." I started.

"Including the ones that I care about." I then added with a growl in the end.

"I might have made a past mistake, Jayden. A mistake that led to the deaths of many. But that doesn't mean that I'm evil. A monster?? Yes, I can say that I am." I hear his animalistic voice say. Saying the last part with a promise.

"But evil?? I. Am. Not. For that can only be said to our great enemy, Marcus."

"Get out of my head!!" I yelled, shifting to my wolf as I barreled towards the nearest enemy I could see. "I do not need you!!" Sinking my teeth on a vampire's shoulder and knocking him to the ground before shifting my bite to his head. Ripping it right off without another second.