Chapter 96

3rd person's POV

The silent night was disturbed as the ground shook. At first, you'd think that an earthquake was in flow.

But the reason was far from it.

The blood red moon slowly rised, its crimson light fitting the scene as it bared to be a silent witness watching two armies about to clash.

You would think that Jayden wouldn't be afraid for as a Head Warrior and as the Dark Wolf, he has had his fair share of fights and battles.

Mostly, battles of grim odds.

But at that moment, Jayden was far from being calm.

Closer and closer the armies approached. One side which wishes to continie waging wars, and the other that wishes to stop it.

But keep in mind that Jayden's army was still outnumbered, five to one. And even if their Vampire Lord's was nowhere to be seen, they were still a force to watch out for.

But Jayden had surprises of his own. And with Marcus not being here, it only gave them an even larger advantage.

And when they were but a few meters away from Marcus's forces, Jayden let out a loud howl.

A long awaited signal that Tobias and his two friends have been waiting for.

Powerful auras circled around the three warlocks as they joined hands. Continuing to chant their spell which Jayden, Darryl and Raph were familiar with.

And soon enough, an invisible wave bursted from the three. Heading out through the clearing in an unbelievable speed.

And just as the two armies clashed, he wave of power passed and Marcus's forces found themselves unable to move.

But the same was not said for the Dark Wolf's forces. Protected by Julius's incantation of spell immunity, they didn't waste anytime on laying waste to the completely vulnerable vampires and rogues.

But the spell only managed to affect a portion of Marcus's army, but that was all that Jayden and the others needed.

The vampires and rogues that weren't affected were shocked at the sudden occurrence, but it was shortlived when they heard John's rage filled snarl.

Jayden's forces looked a bit shocked as well but still went on to cut down every enemy in their paths. But the casters on the other hand knew all too well what had happened.

The battle commenced, but Marcus's forces have already lost an amount of their forces. An occurrence that seemed to give the other side even more hope that they had a better chance of actually succeeding.

Snarls and hisses could be heard along with the scent of burning flesh as the casters used their spells to bring down every enemy in their paths.

Jayden didn't waste any time on sinking his canines on an unfortunate vampire's shoulder who dared to try to cross him.

The vampire's screams of agony, muffled by the sounds of battle around them.

Finishing the kill by adjusting his bite towards the vampire's neck, hearing a sickening crack as the bloodsucker lied limp on the ground, Jayden saw his mate tackle down a large brown rogue.

It might have been bigger in size, but it was still no match for Maddison who clawed the wolf's side relentlessly before biting off the rogue's throat in the end. Leaving him to bleed out as she went on on to find her next target.

Jayden couldn't be prouder. But he didn't fret as more enemies moved to attack him.

The humourous Mikey was gone, cause in the battlefield he was a monster with his daggers.