Chapter 109

3rd person's POV

The Goddess looked in sorrow as she watched in her realm, the countless and bloodied bodies of her fallen children.

Knowing that she was forbidden to directly intervene, her despair only grew as she wanted nothing more than to save her them from their demise.

Werewolves.

Werecats.

Casters.

And the vampires who have turned themselves from evil ways.

She wanted nothing more than to protect them herself. To shield them from further pain and suffering as she'd seen them go through it in the past year.

But she cannot.

So in a way, she had felt like she had abandoned them. That she hasn't been doing her duties as not only their patron, but as their mother.

"The downsides of being a Goddess." She said to herself as she watched the deaths with a continually sinking heart.

"Fight with everything you've got, my children." She said with such subtlety. With grace know to have been possessed by the Goddess of the Moon, she slowly willed the celestial body to glow brighter. Hoping that it would at least encourage them even more.

"Do not lose hope."

(Back to the battle)

They were slowly being defeated.

The supernatural alliance has been fighting for who knows how long since Jayden had first led the charge and it still seemed that Marcus's forces were still far from being stopped.

Out of dire need, three of the five members of the werewolf council, including Rick, had to join the fray. Leave the other two to help with the quickly increasing numbers of both the wounded and the dead.

The casters have long switched into using weapons such as daggers since their ability to use magic has already been stretched to the very limit.

Anthony, James and the other warriors of Bloodrose have long since retreated in their mission with Jayden but have already rejoined the main fight in the wide fields.

Alex and Bradly, with utmost ferocity, led the armies without wavering.

Garreth and the others were the same. They faced the incoming enemies without faltering.

Even with these odds stacking against them, giving up never crossed their minds. They had seen what had happened to Maddison, and it only strengthened their resolve.

There was still a chance.

There was still hope.

That's what they believed. But it was hard keeping their warriors spirits up. As that was the tast that Alex and Bradly had to do. They can see some of them without hope in their eyes. As if they've already accepted their defeat.

"DO NOT GIVE UP!!!" Alex bellowed out in the midst of battle. His naked form looking up at a beautiful sight.

"THE MOON SHINES BRIGHT!!" He yelled. Catching the attention of many tired, wounded and exhausted warriors in their army. "THE GODDESS WATCHES DOWN ON US!! DO NOT WAVER!! DO NOT FRET!! FIGHT ON AND DO NOT LOSE HOPE AS HER LIGHT SHALL GIVE US THE STRENGTH TO PUSH ON!!!"

The enemies just kept on coming and coming. But now their eyes held a bit more hope. Knowing that their patron was there watching over them, that made them hold on to the last bit of hope.

"Well that's just troublesome. They honestly believe thay their Goddess would help them." Marcus mused as his wounds were slowly starting to heal while he stood beside John.