Chapter 82

Jayden's POV

To say that they were tired was a huge understatement. They were absolutely exhausted.

We were all now having our lunch after finishing three more hours of practicing offences and defences.

The supernaturals that ate in Clawtooth's dining hall, did so in silence. And they also had to eat fast cause we only gave them thirty minutes to finish before going back to train in our cat and wolf forms.

"I'm absolutely exhausted." Mason mused out. "And that's saying something cause as the future alpha of Silver Moon, I thought that my training was harsh. But now... Dang."

"Well that's the thing when Jayden gets serious. He just loves to push you towards your breaking point." I chuckled before turning to look at Mikey.

"The program that you're all going through right now is my training program actually." I said. "I always did it once a week when we were still staying in the Neutral Lands."

"And who exactly made this program for you??" Darryl asked me.

"I did, actually. When I was still new in Bloodrose.... Taylor was the one who trained me with the others since she was still the Head Warrior at that time." I frowned, remembering that Taylor and I along with Mikey were once the best of friends. The closest.

But now...

"But other than the training she gave us, I wanted to get even stronger. So I made my own training program. I pushed myself to my own limit." I finished saying.

"And he became the second best fighter, next to Taylor, after his third month." Nathan added as he, Garreth and Lina gave me a smile as if they were remembering those old times we had. "And by the end of his fourth, his skills in fighting became equal to Taylor's."

"And was it your fifth or sixth month that you became the Head Warrior?? I kinda forgot." Mikey asked thoughtfully.

"It was in the fifth." Garreth filled. "My birth month. The same month that Taylor got pregnant with Lucas."

"Oh yeah, I remember now." Mikey chuckled. "Dang, Jayden was really drunk that night of your birthday party. That'll teach you to take on Nathan's challenge."

Rolling my eyes, but giving a small smile nonetheless, I sneaked a glance at Maddison who seemed to be closely listening along with the others at the table.

"Wait, you mean to tell me that my son got drunk??" Mom said with a shocked look on her face as she turned to look at me.

"You were seventeen. You shouldn't have been drinking." She said to me scoldingly.

"I liked taking on challenges. But I didn't know that taking on Nathan would be near impossible to do." I said, defending myself.

"And if it makes it any better, if he wasn't drunk then you probably wouldn't have had a grandpup right now." Mikey mused.

"Alright that's enough. We should really be heading back to training." I announced before their talk could go on.

I took another glance at my mate when all of us got up from the table and not only did she seem to be in deep thought, but her mood also seemed to be dropping which made me curious as to why.

So I gently took hold of her hand as the both of us walked out of the dinning hall together.

"What's wrong??" I tried to ask her but she just tried to cover it up by giving me a smile.

"Nothing. Don't worry about she." She said, but I didn't believe her. Something was bothering her.

And judging from the topic the others talked about a while ago, I think I knew just what it is.