Chapter 11

Jayden's POV

The two of us got back to the capital and was then instantly bombarded by questions when we entered the council room.

"I hope everything went ok smoothly. Did the Alpha agree??" Garreth asked as me and Mikey sat down on our chairs as we were given some water.

"Technically." I replied and they all seemed confused.

"Technically?? What do you mean??" One fo the alphas asked.

"The Alpha of the pride I went to seemed willing to help but there's a problem." They all listened attentively.

"It seems that they have certain rules that prohibits them from fighting with us. So he suggested that I go and talk with the Werecat King and his Council." Their eyes widened at what I said.

"The Werecat King?? And his Werecat Council?? Jayden I have heard many things about them. Especially the stories which says that they really hate us wolves." Rick explained to me.

"I don't think it's a good idea to speak with them. We could always try the other races." Jonathan voiced but I immediately shook my head at them.

"Even if the stories are true or not, I'll go. Perhaps they'll see us differently once our talk is over." I said, trying to convince them.

"But still, facing their King is still very risky." Timothy added.

"If I may speak council??" Mikey suddenly raised his hand to get our attention.

Rick nodded his head and gestured him to continue.

"When we spoke with the Alpha of the Clawtooth pride a while ago, they did show the great distaste for us. They were clearly very hesitant to help." He started.

"But when they heard of the war, and the danger that Marcus posed to the supernatural world, they immediately considered it."

"What are you saying then??" One of the alphas asked.

"What I'm saying is that they hate us, yes. But they're not inconsiderate. They're not selfish. Maybe if the King hears of the dangers Marcus and his ilk pose to all races they might really help. So talking to them and explaining the situation might really be a good idea. Even if it is a little risky." He then finished and sat back down to his seat as the alphas and the council considered what he said.

"Very well. If you really do think that it's a good idea then we'll support you."

"Thank you council. But on another note, I do need two volunteers to come with me and Mikey tomorrow." Someone immediately got up and as I looked at him I saw that it was Jonathan.

"I'll go." He said as he looked at me. "And so will I." Garreth also got up. I nodded at the both of them appreciatively.

"Then it's settled. Jayden shall go along with Mikey, Beta Grey and Alpha Jackson to meet with the Werecat King as well as his council. I pray to the Goddess for a successful meeting and for your safe journey. End of meeting."

Everyone slowly started to get up from their seats and head out of the room.

"Garreth.." I called him just as we left the room. "Have you seen my mom??"

He thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "Sorry but I haven't seen her. Try asking Jonathan." I gave him a small smile before looking for the beta.

I saw him talking with Timothy so I slowly walked up to him.

He saw me going towards him and just as Timothy left, Jonathan gave me a nod and a small smile.