Chapter 111

Elise's POV

I could feel exhaustion starting to take hold of me after casting that one incantation. Dark magic is indeed powerful, but the costs of using it are great as well.

That's what I was taught when I learned that type of magic at a time when us casters haven't yet fully joined the side of the Moon Goddess's light. A time when casters used the dark arts in their evil ways to attain power.

So now, it's only fitting to use it against the evilness that was once my son.

He was right when he said that I am not capable of standing against him at this point. But with the help of the Lunari, I'm now willing to fight Marcus. To find a way to put a stop to him and all of these deaths.

Honestly, I was utterly surprised to see the white wolves helping us. Cause there was only one way that they'd decide to do that.

Back flash

The guards along with Julius and I stood ready as a figure emerged from the bushes.

But as it did, all of us stood shocked upon seeing it was a wolf.

A wolf of pure white fur.

Slowly, it started shifting back to its human form a few feet away.

The guards were utterly fixated at the being. Probably because it was the first time seeing a white wolf.

Well that only meant that the next thing that had happened shocked them even more.

Cause as a man now stood where the large white wolf was a few seconds ago, more wolves emerged from the forest.

And all of them had furs of pure white.

"By your scents, I could tell that you two are casters. While the rest are a mixture of wolves and cats." The man said as he looked at Julius and I directly. "It's still a bit surprising for me to see multiple species coming together."

"Even past enemies can band together to face a grave evil." Julius spoke as he slowly walked forward. "I am Julius Magos. The current warlock assigned by the caster royals in safeguarding your secrecy to the supernatural public."

At this, the man raised his eyebrows as he looked at my friend closely.

"If that is so then I should thank you for helping us, Sir Magos." He said before giving Julius a light bow. "I am Raymond. Current Omega of the Lunari pack."

"Hollow is a long ways travel from here, Omega Raymond. May I ask why the Lunari are here of all places??" I asked as I stepped forward to meet him.

At this, Raymond seemed to be thinking. He then turned to the other white wolves behind him before looking back at us.

"We do not know." He answered and that only resulted in our confusion.

"What do you mean you don't know?? There must be some reason." I said.

"Well that's the thing." He said, confusing me even more. "The Goddess has instructed me to bring my pack here. I had tried to ask her why, but she didn't give me an answer."

"Yet you still followed??" Julius asked curiously.

"Of course. My pack and I are bound to follow her no matter what. So even if she gave us no explanation, we will still follow." Raymond explained.

But as his eyes skimmed through us, he slowly turned his head. Turning quite for a few seconds making me wonder as to what he was doing.

"Would it be alright if I asked for your name??" He suddenly asked, looking directly at me with his light brown eyes.