Chapter 115

3rd person's POV

Way back in an area farthest from the oncoming fight of the two powerful hybrids, Julius rushed around. Frantically looking for his son.

The piercing ache in his heart never seemed to fade as he did. And it was only making the warlock's worry grow.

Passing through what seemed to be an ocean of both the wounded and the dead warriors, he looked. Asking around for anyone who could tell him where Tobias was.

"Lord Julius!!" A voice called. Making him turn around to see a familiar witch approaching him.

"Sonya, I am glad to see that you're alright." He said, seeing as only a couple of minor wounds could be seen throughout her body. "I am looking for my son. Have you seen him anywhere?? I want to make sure that he's alright."

Upon the mention of Tobias, the witch's face changed into that of sadness.

Sadness that she had to be the one to bring the grave news to Julius about his son's fate.

The warlock had seen the sudden change in the witch's demeanor. Feeling a cold rush throughout his body as he gazed at the young witch.

"Sonya, the look on your face worries me. Tell me that my son is alright!!" His voice rising as he talked to the solemn witch.

The latter however, kept avoiding the warlock's gaze as she stayed quiet.

"Please follow me, Lord Julius." She said lowly. Still avoiding the worry filled gazes of the elder warlock.

Wanting to quickly find his son, Julius followed Sonya as she weaved her way through the amounts of bodies in the area.

But as they did, he noticed a couple of dead vampires lying around. Which only meant that a battle had waged in the area not long ago.

His sights were so trained at the countless corpses that he hadn't noticed that he and the witch slowly approached two figures that were silently knelt on the ground.

But it wasn't long till he did.

"Aiden, Joey. There you two are. Have seen-" he wasn't able to finish his sentence when he noticed an unmoving body lying on the ground in front of the two younger warlocks.

And upon seeing the face, Julius could feel his whole world slowly shatter.

There lied his only son, bathing in his own blood. An open hole in the middle of his chest as looked afar in a lifeless gaze.

No words had left the older warlock as he slumped down beside his son. Scooping his lifeless body into his arms as his hands gently caressed his boy's face. Searching for some sort of sign that life was still present.

But there were none.

"T-Tobias..." He managed to stutter out. Leaving his hand on his son's cheek as he stared directly into his eyes.

"N-No... No please no!!" He pleaded. Praying to the Goddess above that it wasn't true. That his son was alive. That he'll be alright.

That he hadn't left him like the way his wife had in the past.

But yet, throughout his pleas and prayers, Tobias still lied lifeless in his arms.

Everyone around was silent as the sobs of a grieving father for lost son were heard. Tears tracked down the warlock's face as he hugged his son tight. Wanting to feel his warmth once again.

But all he felt was the coldness of his skin as well as the immense pain and grief in his heart.

' I promise. I will take care of him.'