Chapter 117

Jayden's POV

The severe pain I felt in my chest increased as I went to head to where my brother was. Maddison silently followed beside me as with everyone else when they saw just who Sebastian was mourning over.

Anna was there, trying to console him but when she saw me approach she slowly got up and gave me the room I needed beside my brother.

"He's gone. Jayden, he's gone. Dad's gone." He choked out in the end as his tears started to flow down his cheeks while his right hand was clutched on our dead father's arm. "I-I... I should've..."

I didn't let him finish and gently circled my arm around him. Pulling him closer as he slowly leaned his head on my shoulder while he sobbed.

"There's nothing we can do with what happened, Seb." I softly said to him. Preventing my voice from cracking since what I really wanted to do at that moment was cry along with him beside our father.

But I had to be strong for us both.

"We gotta take him back as soon as we can. And we gotta be there for mom when we get back to Clawtooth. With what happened to dad, she'd be feeling nothing but pain right now. He'd want us to take care of her. He wouldn't want us to mourn his death. And he wouldn't want us blaming ourselves because of it." I said as I gave his shoulder a soft and comforting squeeze.

But even after what I had said to him, I myself felt that I was to blame for my dad's death. If I had just accepted Mavri's help from the very beginning, then maybe we'd be celebrating our victory with our father right now.

"You had good reasons, Jay. You don't know what would've happened." I hear Mavri say in my mind.

"Yeah. You wouldn't have know, Jay. No one would." Ros quickly added and I was a bit glad that they tried assuring me that what had happened wasn't my fault.

"Let me carry him." Timothy walked up with a solemn look, but if you look closer you can see the sadness in his eyes. And why wouldn't he?? He didn't just lose the Beta of his pack but he also lost one of his if not the closest friend that he ever had.

He gave both of our shoulders an assuring squeeze before gently picking him up.

As Sebastian and I got up ourselves, Anna quickly went beside her beloved. Handing him some shorts as Maddison gave me one as well.

Anna gently held my brother's hand. Giving him the feeling warmth and comfort that only a mate could give.

Maddison, who I noticed had some clothes on already, walked beside me in silence as all of us made our way back to the area where all of our dead and wounded are being taken.

I could feel my mate turning to look at me every once in a while as we walked. I felt her hand slowly wrapping itself around mine. Giving it a soft squeeze.

As we walked through the wide field, many eyes turned towards us. Especially the pack warriors of Silver Moon who directly looked at the body of their dead Beta.

Ros and Mavri were silent as dad's limp arm swung as we slowly reached the area we were heading for.

We walked by countless bodies of the dead and the wounded. The pack doctors were running around with their nurses as they tried to get everyone the help they needed.

As Timothy went to place my dad's body down, I suddenly heard Cindy's voice.

"Help!!! Doctor please I need your help he's..."

"Cindy, what's wrong??" I asked. Feeling a bit concerned as to why she looked really panicked at the moment.

Upon hearing my voice, she immediately turned towards our direction.