Chapter 54

Jayden's POV

Opening my eyes, I felt an intense pain in my head which made me reach up with my hand.

"W-Where am I??" I whispered out before looking at my surroundings.

White walls..

White sheets...

The scent of bleach in the air..

'Why was I in the clinic??'

Sudden flashes then came.

The blood..

The torn up bodies of those warriors..

"No.." I choked out as a huge feeling of guilt grew within me.

Clutching my hair tightly in my hand, I felt so much anger towards myself at this point.

I killed them..

I killed them all in cold blood..

I repeated again and again in my head as the memories slowly came back to me.

Marcus..

Me, losing control over myself. Thus letting the beast within me take over..

The massacre..

So much lives were lost because of me..

But then I remembered something which made me think if it was all a dream or not..

Maddison...

Rose...

Rose was.. Maddison..

"No.. it was impossible..Maddison was dead.. she was dead..she was dead.." I said to myself, feeling my heart being stabbed over and over again.

The door to my room suddenly opened and in came Elise whose eyes widened upon seeing me awake.

"Jayden.." She said as she walked up to my bedside. "How are you feeling??" She asked.

"I feel an intense throbbing pain in my head. W-What happened??" She looked at me unsurely for a few seconds.

"Do you not remember anything??" She asked.

Should I tell her??

"I-I don't know.. what's real or not anymore." I said in a low voice.

I felt her place her hand on my shoulder comfortingly which made me turn to look at her as she gave me an assuring look.

"Tell me what you remember." She insisted.

So with a shaky voice, I decided to tell her.

"Marcus.. They attacked.. So me along with the warriors went to face them." I started.

"Fighting broke out, and I started cutting Marcus's forces down, one by one until I came face to face with the bastard himself." I stopped the growl that wanted to escape from me.

"What else do you remember??" Elise tried to make me continue.

"I remember trying to fight him. My pup. They have my pup and the stone.." I clenched the sheets in my hands. "And a presence. A powerful presence inside of me. Who in the end, I let take control of me."

Elise had stayed silent, patiently waiting for me to continue explaining.

"When it took over, I had no control over my body anymore. It was like I was a passenger. I was just along for the right as I watched this beast start to massacre everyone. The warriors. So many had died by my hands. Mikey, Garreth, Timothy, dad. I've hurt them." I chocked out, feeling the guilt grow even more.