Chapter 15

Nathan's POV

I was in my wolf form as I viciously cut down every enemy that I encountered.

Our warriors have long joined the fight but our foe's numbers doesn't seem to end.

Rick and the other council members were also fighting since I saw them here somewhere.

A rogue suddenly jumped on my back. I quickly tried to shake him off of me. Raph suddenly appeared and kicked the damn rogue off before I turned and clamped down on the back of his neck breaking it.

"We're starting to push them back." I hear Raph as he stood beside me.

"They've already lost to much of their forces. It's only a matter of time before they retreat."

Since I couldn't answer him in this form, I just gave him a nod before both of us went back into the fight.

I jumped a vampire who had just killed one of our warriors. Biting down on his shoulder, I started shaking my head violently as he screamed out and tried to pull me off of him.

Letting go of his shoulder, I started clawing on his chest before biting down on his head and with all my strength ripped it clean off.

Two more rogues attacked me, one biting down on the scruff of my neck as the other one was about to join him when another body collided with him.

I managed to shake the rogue who was on my neck off and quickly delt with him. And as I turned to see who help me, a growl erupted from me as I saw the familiar locks of someone I knew.

Someone who has been a friend to me and almost everyone in Bloodrose in the past.

Someone who has gravely angered us. And I had never expected to see this person again, let alone here. So the question was...

Why was she here??

Jayden's POV

Opening my eyes, I scrunched them up since the light was too bright for me.

My head hurts. My body hurts and the same with my left arm. What the hell...

I was about to ask myself when yesterday's events came back to me, and I felt like kicking myself when I remembered hurting those warriors along with prince Jacob.

"You're awake." I saw dad by the door.

"How're you feeling??" He asked as he sat on the chair beside my bed.

"Feeling better. Dad, are they..." He didn't let me finish as he cut me off.

"They're fine Jay. Nobody died and that's what important. Okay??" I slowly nodded my head feeling utterly frustrated with myself.

"I blew it." I sighed out. "The one chance at making them agree to helping us and I blew it."

"No you didn't." I hear him say and that made me look at him confused.

"Huh?? W-What do you mean??" He gave me a small smile.

"We explained everything to the King. And he seemed to have a change of heart since he agreed to help us." I was shocked. I had expected them to kick us all out or to even kill me for what happened but...

"Really?? W-What else did he say??" I asked him.

"Nothing more actually. But he did say that when you're a bit better he'll come with us and meet with the council."

"That's..." I gulped before letting out a sigh. "I'm really glad."

"Where are the others??" I asked when I notice that they weren't here yet.