Chapter 68

Leo's POV

It was now early in the afternoon and I decided to scout out the lands near Marcus's camp for what we need to play out the plan.

I was alone since Miya was with Taylor at the moment while Tracy was busy trying to find out more information that we could give to Jayden and the others.

Going back, my mate really hated having to hang out with Taylor. She said that the only good thing about being with Taylor was seeing Lucas's cute little face, and that made a smile appear on my face.

' What would it be like if Miya and I already had our own cubs. Or is it pups?? '

Shaking off those thoughts, I just decided to get back to what I had to do.

' Not the right time to think about those, Leo.'

"And why not?? We've been waiting for mate for a long time." My cat butted in.

"We still have things to do before we think about those things, Leon." I replied. And before you ask, yes my lion's name is Leon.

"Well, it doesn't mean we can't start planning right??" He said before putting different images in my mind which made a blush appear on my face.

"You damn perverted lion."

We talked some more as I kept on walking through the forest until I came upon a huge clearing filled with flowers.

"This will be it. This is the place." I said to myself as I walked out.

It was a very wide clearing. Beautiful flowers filled the place and I found myself thinking that Miya would love to see this place but then my smile faded when I remembered that this place might not be as beautiful when the plan is to be put out.

While I walked through, I cause the scent of the fresh air but there was something different mixed with it. A sort of saltiness.

Following the scent, I walked back into the forest and was soon set upon another sight.

I was now on the edge of a very steep cliff. The water raged below and I could also see sharp rocks around.

"Looks like I won't be doing a dive anytime soon." I thought.

"Please don't. I hate water." Leon voiced.

Ignoring his comment, I went back to the clearing before jutting down its location.

Soon enough I went back to the camp. Luckily, the clearing wasn't really that far.

"Leo." I hear someone call me and saw Tracy walking towards me.

"Tracy. Anything wrong??" I asked.

"We have to talk." Was all she said but I immediately knew what she wanted to talk about. So nodding my head, we both look for a secure location where there would be others who could possibly hear us.

"Where were you??" She asked me when the coast was clear.

"I was scouting the forest. And good news, I found  huge clearing for the plan." She nodded their head but I could still see that something was bothering her.

"Tracy, what's wrong??"

She looked around, making sure that we were indeed alone before turning back to me.

"I heard the rogues and vampires talking about something while I was writing down the patrol schedules." She looked a bit worried as she stared at me.

"What were they talking about??" I asked.

"An ambush. They've set up an ambush for some sort of attack tomorrow." I was shocked by this.