Chapter 62

Jayden's POV

Walking towards the council room, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I knew that the others would be there, including the other pack alphas as well as the rogues.

"Sweety.." I saw my mom standing just outside of the doors with my brother Sebastian and his mate.

"Hey mom." I gave her a small smile as she placed her hands on my cheeks.

"Your dad is already inside along with Garreth, Julius, Timothy and King Luther. The rest wanted to come with but the council is being very strict." I nodded. "But I'll be waiting here outside with Anna and your brother so don't worry, alright??"

"Thanks mom." I said as she gave me a kiss on my cheek.

Seb and Anna gave me assuring looks to which I was thankful for before Maddison and I entered the room.

Multiple pairs of eyes turned to us which made me get the feeling of deja vu.

"You are to stand before the council. Ms. Mclaire, you may sit with the others." One of multiple guards said to us.

"I'll stand beside my mate." She said in a defiant tone, and the other pack alphas gave her a narrowed look to which she glared at them in return.

"Madds." I tried to get her attention by holding her hand, which did the trick. "I'll be fine. Go sit with your dad."

She still looked at me defiantly, but she soon caved in and slowly walked towards her dad.

Me on the other hand, made my way to the front. Five guards stood around me as I now gazed at the five councilmen of the Werewolf Council.

"As you all know, we are all here to give our decision on recent events to which we, as the council, have discussed." Came the authoritive voice of one of the council as he addressed everyone in the room.

Soon enough, their gaze turned to me which made me feel nervous at first before shaking it off as I faced them with a determined look, waiting for their judgement.

"Jayden Grey, Head Warrior of the Bloodrose pack. Due to your involvement in these events which led to the loss multiple innocent lives and for failing to disclose to us the fact that you are indeed a hybrid with the blood of a lycan running through you, we have no other choice but to consider the plea of the other alphas for the protection of not only them, but of all the lives that not only reside in this capital but outside of it as well." The councilman I recognized as Ben, said as he looked at me.

"Do you have anything that you wish to say before we give our judgement, Jayden??" With that, I sucked in a breath as I looked at them in the eye, one by one.

"I have no excuse. And I don't plan on giving any for I know that those lives were lost because of me." I started.

"And I will accept any punishment that you'll give, though I asked only one thing."

"You are in no place to make requests, pup." A I hear a voice behind me say and I could help but feel a surge of anger as I gave ferocious snarl and seeing the fear streaked face of Alpha Nick.

"I wasn't talking to you, so I suggest you shut up or I'll rip out your tongue. And if not, consider yourself dead when I rip off your head instead." Many of the alphas tensed as well as the guards who stood ready, but shaking from the amount of power I was giving off.

My body tingled with anticipation, wanting to shift and just end the life of this worthless alpha, but I tried to calm myself down.

'He isn't worth it.'