Chapter 79

Maddison's POV

When Jayden had left to go and meet with Leo, we were busy training with the others in the wide training fields of the Clawtooth Pride.

But as I was practicing some blocks with Louren, my mind kept on wondering off to my mate.

He doesn't let it on, but I knew that he was really stressed by the situation we were now in.

We had to face Marcus in a few days and with our original plan being phased out as not anymore being optional, we had to come up with a new plan.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hit on my face which made me stumble back before seeing a shocked she-wolf in front of me.

"Oh Goddess I'm so sorry Maddy!!" She exclaimed before immediately walking up to me, seeing if I was alright.

"I'm okay, Loury. And I should be the one who should be apologizing cause I wasn't paying attention." I assured.

"I've noticed. C'mon, you wanna talk about it??"

"Maybe later. We can't exactly talk since we're still in training." I said.

And plus, I didn't want to drag my best friend in my worries.

The she-wolf just rolled her eyes at me before grabbing my hand as she led me out.

"Loury!! It's fine!! It can wait!!" I said, trying to pry my hand off of her iron grip.

"C'mon now Madds. I'm your friend. So I know that whatever this is that's bothering you, will only keep you from concentrating on anything else." I didn't even try to fight her anymore cause she was right. So I just let her lead the way to wherever she was going which was towards her mate.

"Hey, baby?? I'm gonna talk with Maddison about something for a while." She said as soon as we walked up to Raph who was leading the training of the wolves and werecats today with the others. While Tobias and Elise trained the casters.

The vampire raised a brow at her, his curious gaze switching from his mate to me for a few seconds.

"You know the rules. No one rests until announced." He said. The others also looked at us worriedly, especially my dad who was standing beside Garreth and their betas at the moment.

"But baby, I just want to talk with Maddison about something that's really really important." She pushed, giving him a pout which almost made me laugh out if I hadn't stopped myself. Even Miley saw this and let out a soft chuckle as he watched.

"Sorry Louren, but rules are rules." Hearing this, my friend let out a huff as she looked at her mate annoyed as she crossed her hands at him.

"I just wanted to talk with Maddison for a few minutes and come right back to training but you won't even allow me. It's really important but it seems like you don't even care at all." She said to him in a low angry tone which surprised the vampire who was now looking at her gingerly.

"I sorry baby but... I'm just..."

"You don't have to explain yourself." She cut him off before turning around to leave. "Just don't expect me to talk to you anytime soon."

"Ouch." I hear Mikey muse as Loury walked up to me.

"Loury, you didn't have to.."

"Just turn around and make it look like we're leaving." She immediately said which confused me.

"Huh??"

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed my hand as slowly led me away from her mate who was looking really distressed right now.