Waking Up (angst)

Tsuki saw nothing but pitch black darkness, but she heard voices around her, however, she couldn't open her eyes

"How's she doing Sakura?" She heard Kakashi say.

"Better." Sakura said,"All her vital signs have been stable but we're still just waiting for her to wake up. She exhausted a dangerous amount of chakra. She almost killed herself trying to bring you back from the dead Kakashi-sensei."

"I know." He said with sadness lacing his voice,"I wish it never happened at all but I'm glad she passed out before she ran out completely."

Tsuki felt a hand brush back her bangs and a clothed kiss hit her forehead.

'How am I hearing Kakashi's voice? He's dead. Maybe I died too?' Although Tsuki could hear what they were saying, she couldn't really process the information

Her mind slipped back away into darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She didn't know how much time had passed but she began to hear voices again, still unable to open her eyes. She felt Kakashi's ungloved hand holding onto hers stroking the back of her hand with his thumb.

"How's she doing, Kakashi?" She heard Anko say.

"Still just waiting for her to wake up." Kakashi said

'But I'm here! I am awake I just can't move!' Tsuki wanted to scream out.

"And she's been out the whole time?" This time it was Kurenai's voice.

"Yup, 5 days now." Kakashi sighed.

Tsuki fell unconscious once again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Tsuki, I'm so sorry. I can't help but feel like this is my fault. Please just open your eyes and let me know you're still here with me. I want to tell you about who I ran into on the other side when I died." Tsuki felt warm, as Kakashi was holding her, her head resting on his chest.

But Tsuki fell back into what she thought was reality. She saw herself kneeling before a headstone that had Kakashi's name engraved on it. She was placing flowers and a couple of food pills on it before she lost it and collapsed on the ground into a crying mess. Naruto hugged her tightly as she sobbed uncontrollably into his shoulder.

Yeah, Kakashi died. This reality makes more sense. Her mind flashed to seeing his lifeless body, his face covered in blood.

Yeah, he had to be dead.

She jolted awake with a scream, her body felt hot and numb. She heard a beeping noise quicken and realized it was probably an EKG monitor as she saw she was hooked up to many wires that led to stickers on her chest. The room was empty and she appeared to be in a tent.

Was this reality?

'I'm in the hospital after exhausting too much chakra after Pain attacked the village and killed Kakashi.' she thought

Killed Kakashi.

Kakashi's dead.

Yup, this seemed like the cruel reality she remembered. Tears fell from her cheeks as she began to rip the wires from her chest and attempted to get out of bed, but before she could Sakura, Shizune, Naruto, and a silver-haired man came rushing in.

Tsuki refused to look at him, she didn't want to be reminded of Kakashi.

"Tsuki stop! You're going to hurt yourself!" Shizune yelled at her.

"Tsuki-sensei I'm not the expert here but you need to listen to Sakura and Shizune!" Naruto followed.

They each grabbed a limb and pinned it to the bed.