Embarrassment

[Synopsis: The crew finds out that Player hugs his beanie while he sleeps. It's adorable! Player isn't as enthusiastic about their discovery, though...So good ol' Captain steps in and tries to make things better!]

[Location: The Skeld]

____________________________________________________________

For once, Veteran was actually glad that he'd woken up early; every day at 7:00 on the nose, Captain would traverse the halls of the Skeld with his megaphone and rouse the rest of the crew with an unforgivingly loud wakeup announcement that got on everyone's nerves...It was nice to wake up naturally for a change.

Sweet...Might as well spare Player while I'm up and at it.

Without any further ado, the yellow-clad crewmate kicked off the covers, placed his crown atop his head and started making his way towards his best friend's quarters with plans to wake him up in a not-so-obnoxious manner. Player at least deserved that much, considering his horrible losing streak.

Once Veteran made it to his door, he gently turned the knob and poked his head inside.

"Psst...Hey. Player. Are you..."

His voice trailed off when he spotted his buddy.

"Oh-ho, my GOD..."

He held back the urge to chuckle, but it was strong enough to still came out in the form of a muffled snort. Player was still sound asleep in bed, curled up under the covers and holding his signature red beanie in his hands like one would any stuffed animal...Veteran was amused by the sight of it, to say the least.

"That's hilarious."

"What's hilarious...?"

The familiar voice came from behind. Veteran turned around to come face-to-face with his fellow crewmate MrCheese, who was still wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"Oh, mornin', MrCheese. It's Player. Take a look."

MrCheese leaned into the doorway, and upon seeing the red-clad crewmember, he had about the same reaction as Veteran.

"Ha ha, wow. He holds his hat in his sleep?"

"Apparently."

"Ghee whiz, and we all thought he was a big dork before this."

"Before what?"

A third crewmate joined the party, and Veteran turned to greet her.

"Hey, would you look at that, a wild Mother appeared. You're up before Captain's megaphone too, huh?"

"Well, when you have two kids, you find yourself being woken up before the alarm clock pretty often, you know?" she giggled, only half-joking. "So, what exactly are you guys up to? This is Player's room, isn't it?"

"Oh, yeah, it's Player's room," MrCheese confirmed. "Why don't you look inside?"

The door started to creak as she squeezed in between the other two crewmembers, which made Player stir a little in his sleep, and he nuzzled into his beanie just a bit more.

"Is that his hat he's got there...?"

Veteran turned his head to face her and nodded in confirmation.

"N'awww, that's adorable~! Just look at how cozy he looks...D'oh, I gotta get a picture of this!"

MrCheese held back the urge to laugh again as Mother pulled her phone out and captured the moment.

"Pfft...Do yourself a favor and don't ever let him know you did."

"Pray tell, what are the goings-on here?"