The Truce

[Synopsis: MrCheese ends up with MrEgg, of all people, as his fellow Impostor. But before he can enact his plan to rat out his partner and gain the crew's trust, the latter confronts him in the cafeteria and makes an offer...One MrCheese never anticipated.]

[Location: MIRA HQ]

____________________________________________________________

Victory

MrCheese beamed as he spawned back into the lobby, his Impostor partner Gnome arriving shortly after him. He was on a roll today; FOUR Impostor wins in a row, two in public lobbies and two with the gang. His round with TheGentleman as his teammate had gone as well as he'd expected,(which was VERY well) but he had to admit, Gnome was a pretty formidable Impostor herself, as was proven by their two double kills paired with Player as their go-to scapegoat.

"Man, Gnome. You sure know how to use that knife, heh heh."

"Thank you! You're not so bad with a pistol yourself, MrCheese!"

The ill-fated crew began to spawn back into the lobby, and the two of them turned to face their victims of the previous round, looking pretty smug.

"Darn it..." Player muttered. "Why didn't I suspect MrCheese sooner?"

"It's because you suck, and you're a huge noob," the orange crewmate taunted. "And I'm the greatest Impostor in this whole lobby, so you never stood a chance."

TheGentleman rolled his eyes. While those things were true, he felt a bit bad for the recipients of his associate's stinging insults. Was it ABSOLUTELY necessary that he say them aloud?

The last person to spawn into the lobby was none other than MrEgg; TheGentleman's former work associate and MrCheese's long-time archrival. He'd been the first to die that round, and MrCheese had relished in every second of the kill. It had been a slow and painful death for the disgusting pink pansy, and he STILL looked pretty traumatized, knees shaky and eyes wide with fear.

Oh yeah. He was definitely gonna rub his victory in his face.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the rotten egg," he drawled. "Boy, and just think; nobody would have known you were dead if they hadn't found Veteran's body first. You suck at this game even worse than Player does, and he hasn't even won a match yet."

MrEgg finally let his knees cave in, sitting down on the cold, hard floor and curling into a ball as he leaned against the dropship wall. He tried his best to stop a tear from flowing out of his visor, but to no avail.

"Just...leave me in peace, MrCheese..."

"Oh, what, are you gonna cry about it? 'Boo-hoo, I'm MrEgg! I'm a good-for nothing  pink cupcake who simps for someone who's already taken!' Why don't you just leave game and spare us the tears, you big baby? And do us a favor and don't come back, because nobody here even likes-"

"That's ENOUGH, MrCheese!!"

TheGentleman seemed to appear out of nowhere, and he placed himself in between the two parties, shooting MrCheese a harsh glare.

"What's the problem, TheGentleman?"

"'What's the problem!'" he echoed, looking absolutely appalled. "The problem is that you are acting like a contemptible narcissist, and your incessant belittling of your peers is unwarranted and uncouth!"