Punholiness

[Synopsis: There's a new guy in the lobby today, and he and MrEgg have taken a liking to one another...And each other's sense of humor! However, not everyone is quite so keen on their jokes...Perhaps they need to be shown just how powerful puns can be.]

[Location: MIRA HQ]

Ayy, Bootieos! It's finally done!

____________________________________________________________

"Well, how do I look, Dum?" Mother asked the pink-clad crewmate. "You don't think this color...downplays what I'm capable of, if you know what I mean?"

"Naw, you look perfectly fine! It's nice to branch out and try a new color every so often to see what fits! And hey, if you don't wanna keep rose, you can switch back to cyan!"

"Well, thank you dear...Maybe I'll switch back next round and see how I fare."

"Please," Franklin said to her. "Don't keep us like this for ANY longer than you have to, Mommy."

"Hey, y'know what they say, lil' Frank," Bro said to him. "Tough guys wear pink."

"Bro, dude, like...What kinda logic izzat?" Stoner drawled. "Isn't the opposite of that true? Like, pink doesn't exactly radiate the most killer vibes."

"I dunno, Stoner. What kinda logic gave you the idea to eat thirty donuts within a timespan o'  fifteen minutes?"

"...Touche."

"Well, we've got one more open space in the lobby," MrCheese remarked, looking around at everyone who'd shown up. "Cap', how 'bout you give it another ten seconds and then go ahead and start? Eleven should be good enough, especially with just two Impostors."

"Man, I'm really glad you could make it today, Angel," Player smiled, eyes locked with those of the banana-clad crewmate he was addressing. "It's been a while since we last hung out; I don't wanna lose touch, y'know?"

"I'm sorry I'm not on as often as I'd like," she apologized lightly. "I've got a bit of a busy schedule at home I need to keep up with."

"Hey, that's okay; i-it's not your fault," the red crewmate assured her, taking her by the hand. "...I'm just really glad you're here."

"Hm...I figured Veteran would show up too. Isn't he coming on?"

"Not today; he's going to a deep fried oreo eating contest across town. Heh..."

Finally, the sound of someone else spawning in rang across the lobby, and everyone turned to see who'd arrived.

"Huh...Looks like we got a new guy in today," Bro remarked.

The cyan figure wearing safety goggles over his visor wasn't somebody any of them recognized. And he didn't say much of anything until he made his way over to the group.

"Phew...Last lobby I was in turned out to be a bust. My game disconnected right when we were about to vote out one of the last three people."

"Oof, seriously?" MrCheese asked him. "Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Was the guy you voted out the Impostor?"

"I don't know...I might never know, I suppose."

"Oh, how dreadful," MrEgg chimed in, also sympathizing with the newcomer. "Well, hopefully it won't happen to you this time."

"Same here. Some parts of the servers could use a bit of a tune-up."

"It seems that way at times, doesn't it? Ah...Well, I don't think you've frequented this lobby before, have you?"