Cuddle Buddies

[Synopsis: Pretty much just a bunch o' cute space beans snuggling and stuff like that with one another, and that's basically it. This one is about 15% plot and 85% fluff. Better brush your teeth ten times over after this one, I made it that freakin' sweet.]

[Location: The Skeld]

____________________________________________________________

It'd been a long day of tasking for the crewmates and slaughtering for the Impostors over the several rounds the gang had played throughout the day, but it was finally time to hang up their task lists and settle down for the evening.

TheGentleman's room was only illuminated by a single lamp. He was wearing his night robe reading a book, sitting comfortably in his lounge chair...Said piece of furniture was wide enough to fit another one, or maybe even TWO people on it on either side of him, but he always seemed to be the only one using it.

"TheGentleman?"

Had the novel his eyes were trained on been more compelling, he'd have grumbled at MrCheese to not bother him at the moment. But in all honesty, it was a bit dull for his taste, so he folded it and looked up at his business associate standing in the doorway...He had a pair of fuzzy blankets folded up in his hands, as well as a few pillows on top of that.

"What are you up to, MrCheese?"

"Well...Engineer is working on fixing a f-few of the heating systems on the ship tonight, and i-it's gotten a little chilly," he stammered, beating his invisible arms a little to warm himself. "And, uh...Well, I'm also kinda lonely, so I was wondering if I could....stick around here and...stuff?"

TheGentleman chuckled lightly.

"MrCheese, I know you well," he replied. "And I happen to know what you're insinuating. There's no need to prevaricate."

"Oh..."

He deflated a bit, prepared to be verbally escorted out.

"Ah, I won't turn you down if you need some company. This novel is as stale as week-old bread, anyways, so I haven't much else to do."

"R-really?"

"Of course!"

MrCheese perked right back up again and headed over to where TheGentleman was sitting, positioning the pillows behind them, hopping up onto his associate's right side and pulling the blankets overtop of them.

"Ha ha, come here, you...!"

The black crewmate promptly pulled him closer and playfully rubbed the top of his head, conducting a decent amount of static electricity in the process.

"Hey-! That's not fair!"

Despite his protests, MrCheese couldn't help but giggle, TheGentleman quickly following suit as he finally let go of him...When they both calmed back down from their fit of laughter, they leaned back into the chair and snuggled down into the blanket a bit more.

"Man, TheGentleman...Life doesn't get much better than this, does it?"

"No, I must admit it doesn't," he sighed contently. "...I know I don't say this often, but...You're not just any business associate, MrCheese. You're one of the best people I've ever had in my life. You still are...You don't care about my status, or material possessions...You care about who I am. I'd never met anyone like that before you came along."

"Heh heh...Well, I'm glad I was able to be that person for you."

MrCheese huddled up closer to his associate, now sufficiently comfortable. He might have started to fall asleep right then and there had another voice not sounded off from beside them.