The Christmas Party

[Synopsis: In spite of all the hardships and setbacks, the celebration is continuing as planned...Things seem to have a way of turning out alright during the most wonderful time of the year.]

[Location: Polus outpost]

____________________________________________________________

When the last pine garland had been hung, all of the tablecloths had all been straightened out in preparation for the buffet and the star had been placed on top of the tree, Captain stole a glance at the clock on the wall. It read 4:58 p.m. It was just about time to start.

Captain had tweaked a few of the controls within the game's coding for the event, and he'd even gotten some tips from the members of the Cheaters' Lobby who'd been invited for what to change and how to do it. They'd informed the Innersloth god of the situation so that no one would be wrongfully banished from the normal server, since they weren't playing a normal game.

He altered the coding to fit the desired needs; no tasks, no player limit, no Impostors, and no color restrictions, which meant more than one person could be the same color, and anyone could be any color they wanted.

That would especially be important, because he'd invited nearly EVERYONE he knew.

He looked at the clock again...Just as he saw it strike 5:00, he heard a knock on the east Office door.

"Wow! Perfect timing!"

He opened the door and beheld the first two guests: a familiar black figure wearing twin top hats, a black vest and tie accompanied by a green figure wearing a miniature Christmas tree on his head, paired with an ugly Christmas sweater that said "Merry Swissmas," complete with an embroidered piece of cheese on the front of it.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite quarter hatter with cheese combo!"

"My name MrTree~!"

"MrTree, you've said that at least four times over the past ten minutes," TheGentleman remarked, giving him an unamused look. "Don't wear out your voice just yet, will you?"

"Ohh my gosh, you're right TheGentleman. I gotta save my voice for singin' later! Heh heh..."

"Bark bark!"

Captain looked down at MrTree's feet to see Cheddar standing there sporting a fancy red bow around his neck, visor bright and tail wagging.

"Hey there, Cheddar! You came too, huh?" he acknowledged. "Come on in, guys!"

The trio entered, and they immediately marveled at Captain's décor; it wasn't overly extravagant, but it was well put-together and pretty, so it was easy to say he'd done a great job.

"MrTree and I brought some homemade delectables for the buffet, along with some of the gifts we got for a few of our peers" TheGentleman told him, holding up the covered bowl he had with him, MrTree doing the same with his large covered plate. "I whipped up some savory ratatouille to add some variety to the buffet; I mean no offense, but I would imagine that a lot of people plan on bringing dessert items to the party over meat and vegetables. MrTree included. Ha!"

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that, TheGentleman; Mother and Stoner are going to be bringing some savory dishes themselves," the white crewmate promised. "...MrTree! What's under the cloche?"

"My homemade peppermint bark cheesecake," the green crewmember smirked. "Crowd's gonna go WILD."

"I'm sure they will!"

Knock knock

There was another knock at the door, and Captain was swift to answer it...He now faced three crewmates standing there: Mother, MrEgg and Ria, all of whom were also carrying something for the buffet along with the wrapped gifts...Mother had her striped elf cap on, and even Timmy and Franklin were dressed in corresponding outfits, Ria had one of the new winter hats from the Polus cosmicube fitted snugly on her head, and MrEgg had a small wrapped present box on his head paired with his Christmas-colored argyle scarf.