Freshly Baked Fluff

[Synopsis: MrEgg makes an interesting discovery while trying out a new recipe...One that he's VERY amused by.]

[Location: MrEgg's house]

____________________________________________________________

"That looks about done mixing," MrEgg nodded, pleased with the results of his culinary excursion so far. He was currently trying out a new recipe for extra light, fluffy garlic bread, and if all went well, he thought he might present the finished product to the chefs and managers of the Italian restaurant he worked at; sure, he was just a pianist and not a cook, but if something garnered a lot of attention, he figured he'd give them an extra hand!

"Now all I need to do is bust out a bread pan and let it rise in there," the marigold figure said to himself, stooping down to fetch one from the lower cabinet and prying open the wooden door. Sure enough, there was the bread pan...

But to his surprise, it was already full! But instead of dough, he found it to be occupied by...

"Myah~?"

"Whah-!? George!?!  What are you doing in there...!? H-how did you even get in the cabinet?? You were out and about just this morning!"

The young British shorthair simply continued to stare at him, eyes wide with curiosity and sprinkled with a bit of surprise at his owner's reaction. The cat had completely fit his body into the pan, the only visible parts of him being his head and back.

MrEgg opened his mouth again in preparation to admonish George for infiltrating the cabinet and planting himself in the pan he needed, but as soon as the initial shock wore off, a smile slipped across his face and he began to laugh.

"How did you get yourself in here? And what, just for this, George?" he giggled. "Ah, my goodness-Wait, wait, let me pick you up inside the pan."

He reached his hands out and grasped the lids of the bread pan, maintaining eye contact with the cat lying in it to ensure he wouldn't get spooked and try to jump out, and then he stood up straight with George still in it.

"Ha...This is...! Ria! Ria, come look at this, love!"

It was still a bit early in the morning, so when MrEgg took his pan full of cat to the bedroom, he saw her emerging from their bathroom at the same time, a towel in place of her bandana and her face covered in a white mask of cleanser.

"Can it wait until I'm done washing up...?" she asked, still somewhat groggy.

"This will only take a moment, love, don't worry," he assured her, holding George up just a tad bit higher. "Um, look what I found in the cabinet."

It took Ria's fatigued mind a moment to comprehend what she was looking at when she saw the cat in the pan, but when she did, the loudest wheeze escaped from her, and she doubled over laughing.

"What-!? HA ha ha, George what'd you do!?"

He opened his mouth again, and no sound came out except for the smacking of his lips, making the lime crewmate laugh even harder.

"How did he get in there!?"

"I don't know either," MrEgg replied, stifling his own laugh. "The only way I could think if was him possibly opening the cabinet door with his paw."

"JUST so he could lie down in the bread pan...!?"

"Apparently!"

George opened his mouth again, emitting another silent meow, which earned him yet another round of giggles.

"This, this is too good, Eggy, lemme take a picture of this real quick. Ah man, w-we gotta send this to the group, ha ha...!"

She pulled her phone out and snapped two quick photos of George in the bread pan, but when she readied to take a third to ensure she didn't send a blurry photo, the British shorthair suddenly stood up in the bread pan and hopped out, landing on the floor and trotting back off into the living room.

"Ah! George-! You cheeky thing...Ha ha, gracious! Did you get any good ones, love?"

"I got two. I think the second one's a little clearer," the lime figure replied as she put her phone down on the bed. "I'll send that one to the group chat after I finish up in the bathroom, sound good?"

"Certainly, Ria. Ah...Well, I'd better get back to making the bread."

"Can't wait to see how it turns out...Although you're gonna want to wash that pan out before you put the dough in there."

"Oh, yes, of course, love," he nodded. "...As cute as this is, I'd rather the garlic bread not have a faint aftertaste of cat fur. Ha!"

____________________________________________________________

i'm sorry this ended up being so short; i meant for it to be a little longer, but i didn't want to stretch it out too much so this is what i got, oof. XP

But it's something to fill you guys in and provide some serotonin while I'm working on #5 for the segment, right? Hope you enjoyed! ^v^