Not Alone

[Synopsis: MrEgg has recurring nightmares about the night before he left home...Usually, he doesn't talk to anyone about such things, but when someone overhears him one night, he doesn't find himself with much of a choice.]

[Location: The Skeld]

I present to you, a new entry to the "Player won in AUL 8 and became besties with MrEgg" timeline! What, too big a mouthful? Yeah, I figured that myself...Oh well. Enjoy anyways. XD

____________________________________________________________

I can't, I can't take it anymore...

MrEgg shut the front door behind him, walked down the old wooden porch steps and stood in the front yard, hoping the noise of the fight in his parents' room would be muffled by the doors and walls separating the two parties. It didn't help much, though. The wooden, slightly decrepit walls of the old house were only so thick, after all.

He covered his ears and crouched where he stood to block out the noise, but just as he did, it seemed to only grow louder...He swore he heard his mother screaming; from what he could tell, she was either furious or terrified.

Maybe both.

He had no cellphone on him. He couldn't call anyone for help. And he had no friends or parents of friends that would help in any way. But he was afraid. Why was he so helpless? He was almost an adult, so why couldn't he-

BANG

...The sound seemed to rattle the whole village.

MrEgg's visor widened, and his hands rose to his mouth. Did he just hear the sound of a...? No. It couldn't be, could it?

He dared to open up his ears...He was greeted by silence.

Something bad's happened, he said to himself. I know it...But how bad? Not the worst, right? M-maybe it was just a warning shot, or...something along those lines.

He knew deep down that he was in denial...He knew deep down that everything had just changed, and in a terrible way.

Tears in his eyes, MrEgg slowly made his way back to the front porch, knees weak and hands shaking. He would stay out here tonight, sleep here even...He wouldn't dare go back into the house. Not now...Maybe not ever.

But before he could even take the first step up the rickety stairs, the front door burst open before him.

The brick red crewmate that was his father stood there, rifle in hand and specks of crimson dotting his white shirt.

"You're next."

MrEgg staggered backwards and fell to the ground, his hand raised in a futile means of self-defense.

"No, no, Dad, no please don't!"

"Don't call me that...You were never my son. I didn't want you."

He lifted the barrel and pointed it at his visor.

"...Nobody does anymore."

BANG

____________________________________________________________

...

____________________________________________________________

"AAH!"

MrEgg woke up in such a panic that he nearly fell right out of bed. His breathing was fast and hitched and his heart raced, and he panted loudly with each breath out.