Ghost Hugs

[Synopsis: You can't feel them, but they're there...Unless you were to die and become one yourself. Then you'd feel it. GentleCheese fluff!(idk what made me think of this one. XD]

[Location: MIRA HQ]

This follows the events of "The Death of MrCheese." A bit on the angsty side? Perhaps. But we still got that fluff in there, don't worry!

____________________________________________________________

I've been following him ever since the funeral...Y'know, it's kinda surreal attending your own funeral, seeing everyone cry over your dead body as it gets lowered into the ground, but they don't know that I'm actually here, watching it all happen...Except TheGentleman. I know he doesn't see me, but he knows I'm still here. And somehow, he was totally right about me gesturing frantically during his speech...Guess it was just me tryin' to cheer everyone up. I don't like seeing any of them sad...

...I just wish TheGentleman could actually see me. He knows I'm here, but...still. I wish everyone could see me, really. They'd probably all be so happy to know I was still with them...

It was only until after the funeral that I started to feel weighed down. Which is weird, since I don't exactly weigh anything anymore, heh heh...Yeah. He and Cheddar stayed there mourning until after the sun went down...I've never seen him cry so hard.

I didn't like seeing him like that...I wish I could tell him everything was gonna be okay...

I knew he probably wouldn't feel it, but I floated down beside him and gave him a hug...Kinda surprised I didn't phase right through him, heh...Guess that's good, though. He's never told anyone but me, but he really likes being hugged...I wish he'd told some other people that, though. He needs 'em now more than ever.

And the ones I'm givin' him? Well...It's not exactly like when I was corporeal. The only way he'd be able to feel mine is it he died, too...

But no one lives forever. We will see each other again someday, I know that much...Guess I'll just have to wait until then.

No matter how long it takes...

____________________________________________________________

...

____________________________________________________________

Task Completed

TheGentleman took a step away from the wire panel and gingerly shut the lid before plodding out of the greenhouse, heading down the hall to the cafeteria at a snail's pace...Mother passed him by as he went along, and slowed to a halt to speak to him.

"TheGentleman?"

He barely gave her the satisfaction of eye contact.

"...I just want to know if you're okay," she told him softly. "You know, if you ever need any of us, just say something and we'll-"

She never got to finish. TheGentleman's visor squeezed shut and he clumsily ran the rest of the way down the hall, covering his face and weeping...Mother sighed and hung her head in sympathy for the poor man; she would never know just what he was going through. And the worst part was that she had no idea how to help, so she turned away and kept going into the office...Maybe a solution would come to her as she worked.

____________________________________________________________

...