airport •2•

"oh my god." many scrunched her nose in disgust used her thumb and index finger to pick up an old chip bag causing the crumbs to fall to the floor.

i groaned and pulled a pillow over my head, hoping she would take the hint, and leave me alone.

"go away." i said still hearing her linger through the messy room.

"no, not until you get your gross, but hot ass out of that bed." she said with a hint of amusement in her voice.

i rolled my eyes as if she could see them and sighed. i had spent every day since the airport incident in my room, groaning about how embarrassed and dumb i was.

"now!" she said yanking the blanket off of my body. i shot her a death glare once taking the pillow off of my face.

"i hate you." i mumbled gathering the strength to get out of the bed. every bone in my body cracked as they got use to moving again. i gathered some clothes, and made my way to the bathroom.

i washed away the shame and sadness off of my body, and washed the suds disappear into the drain as my eyes filled with tears.

i didn't know if i was more upset about possibly ruining our ten year friendship, or knowing that the potential of us being more was gone. at least before i admitted it, i didn't know how it would end. now that i do, i wish i would have just stayed home that night.

i quickly changed and pulled my hair into a loose braid. when i walked out the sweet smell of vanilla lingered to my nose. i quickly took in my room, and opened my mouth in shock. i could see the floors again.

"you're welcome, now come on." before i could even thank her for cleaning up the disaster, she was pushing me downstairs. the house was quiet, no one else was here since it was a friday morning.

"what is going on, why are you in such a-." i turned the corner into the living room, and felt my heart drop to my stomach. there he was standing in front of the couch with a sad smile on his lips. he was wearing a pair of sweats and a hoodie that i've worn many times. his hair was messy and long, and his cheeks were a bit pale.

"my job here is done," she said wiping her hands on her jeans and giving a soft smile, "good luck." she mouthed to me before making her way to the front door.

the silence immediately fell over us, making everything rush back. i felt my cheeks heat up as i suddenly became more aware of the awkwardness.

"shawn," i shook my head and looked down.

"y/n," he said in unison of his name.

we laughed slightly looking up at each other. our smiles quickly faded causing my stomach to do flips. i felt nauseous.

"i'm so sorry. i'm an idiot." he said sighing as he stepped closer to me.

i pushed my brows together in confusion as my heart started beating in my ears.

"i've waited years to hear you say those words, and when you finally did, i left to california for a month," he shook his head as he took his hands into mine. i didn't know if i was hearing him right, or if i was just hallucinating, "i love you so damn much that it consumes me. i told myself that i would never act on it, due to our friendship and doubted you would ever feel that way anyhow. but now, i know that i will never want to be friends again. this," his eyes flickered from mine to my lips as he smiled slightly, "this is what i want."

his hand cupped my cheek as he leaned in slowly, searching my eyes for consent. i got impatient, and crashed my lips onto his.

maybe it wasn't a bad idea after all.