Neville #2

I tapped my feet on the table, staring over at Neville. He was digging into his food, without a care in the world, unaware of how closely I was watching him, admiring his features. He was incredible, truly, undeniable handsome, out of my league entirely.

"Why did you choose me?" I asked him, startling him a little. He looked up at me, shaking his head.

"What sort of question is that?" I shrugged my shoulders, not really thinking straight. "The real question you should be asking is why wouldn't I choose you."

A little blush grew on my cheeks, as his smile turned up a little wider. "Babe, you're beautiful, kind hearted, selfless, honest, funny, I could go on and on. I wish you didn't feel the way you do, I love you."

I smiled, content with his response, taking a sip of my drink to disguise from my awkwardness. "I'm sorry," I whispered, staring off at the ground.

"I get it darling, I do. You're scared, you're not confident, but we can work on that. I'm not going anywhere, and I know that might not be enough for you, but I'm willing to fight until you feel happy that I'm not leaving your side, not now or ever." I watched him stand up, walking over to my side of the table, softly kissing my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."