Alfred And Matthew's Mom Is The Worst

Matthew sighed tiredly as he watched his brother experimenting in the kitchen again, he swore Alfred's love for science was going to be the death of him. He glanced down when he noticed his mom had responded to his text, there mom was out of town for work so it was up to him to make sure Alfred didn't do anything stupid.

"Mom says if you blow up the house she's going to put you up for adoption" He spoke up causing Alfred to give him a deadpanned look. 

"First of all I'm not going to blow up the house and two she would never do that" He said dismissively before returning to his experiment. However no sooner had he done that he shifted from one foot to another before turning back around to give Matthew a concerned look. 

"She wouldn't right?" He asked worriedly and Matthew cursed when he noticed the rising panic in his brothers eyes. He walked over and placed his hand on his shoulder to calm him down. 

"Of course not" He said softly causing Alfred to give him a shaky smile before glancing back at whatever he had been doing. 

"I'm not in the mood to do this anymore" He mumbled before cleaning it up causing Matthew to give him a concerned look. 

"Are you okay Alfie?" He asked worriedly and Alfred just nodded absentmindedly. 

"Yeah I'm just going to go take a nap" He mumbled before walking out of the room. Matthew stared after him before sighing, when Alfred got like this it really worried him. 

<><><><>

When Alfred didn't come down for dinner that's when Matthew really began to worry. He went upstairs and knocked on Alfred's door, when the American didn't respond he pushed the door open. He glanced around the dark room before he noticed a large lump on his brother's bed, as he approached it he heard soft sniffling that made his eyes widen worriedly. When he pulled the blanket back he was met with his brother's tear stained face. 

"Oh Alfie what's wrong?" He mumbled softly as he pulled his brother into his arms, Alfred just continued to sob into his shirt. He reached into his pocket to pull out his phone so that he could tell their mom what was going on but Alfred sapped it out of his hand. 

"Don't" He whispered confusing Matthew even more. 

"What? Alfred why did you do that?" He questioned, Alfred took a deep breath before meeting his eyes. 

"I don't want her to have another reason to put me up for adoption" He mumbled causing Matthew to raise his eyebrow in disbelief. 

"Alfred that was a joke" He said but Alfred just shook his head stubbornly. 

"No it wasn't she's threaten me with that for years" He hissed causing Matthew's eyes to widen in shock. 

"What?" He said baffled causing Alfred to huff humorlessly. 

"She hates that I do science and that I'm not all about nature like she is, I'm a problem child and she's just waiting to find a valid excuse to get rid of me" He hissed while rubbing at his wrist and all Matthew could do was stare numbly at him. 

"How haven't I noticed this?" He questioned causing Alfred to shrug. 

"She didn't want her perfect child to know" He mumbled tiredly. 

"Has she done anything more the just threaten you?" He asked worriedly, Alfred stayed silent for a good 10 minutes before nodding softly as he rubbed weakly at his wrist. Matthew pulled him even closer. They stayed like that until Alfred fell asleep, once he was sure that Alfred was asleep Matthew slipped away and picked up his phone so that he could make an important phone call. 

"Kirkland-Bonnefoy residence, Arthur speaking" A British accent came from the other side of the phone causing Matthew to sigh in relief that someone had answered. 

"Uncle Arthur? It's Matthew I need your help" He said softly as he glanced at his brother.