Flinching

"And then he started ranting at the poor waitress because she called the Gnocchi Spaghetti" Lovino said through his laughter causing Gilbert to burst out laughing as well. 

"That is hilarious" He choked out as he swung his arm to pat the Italian's back only for Lovino to flinch away fro him as his laughter abruptly cut off. Gilbert blinked in surprise as he stared at his hand before looking at Lovino who refused to meet his eyes. 

"Why do you flinch so much?" He asked baffled causing an angry scowl to appear on the Italian's face. 

"Maybe there was a time when someone wasn't kidding when they swung at me!" He snapped only to cover his mouth and his eyes to widen when he realized what he had just said. Gilbert stared at him in shock before he gave the Italian a concerned look. 

"Lovi, who hurt you?" He asked softly and Lovino just stubbornly shook his head. 

"Lovino please tell me?" He pleaded and Lovino continued to shake his head though he did remove his hands from his mouth. 

"I-I can't" He muttered as tears appeared in the corner of his eyes causing Gilbert to sigh before he pulled the Italian into his arms,. He would not force him, this was clearly painfully for him and if he wanted him to know he would tell him. 

Lovino slowly melted into the Prussians arms and they stayed like that for over half an hour before Lovino mumbled something under his breath. 

"What was that?" Gilbert asked softly as he glanced down at Lovino, the Italian bit his lip before he repeating what he said. 

"Antonio, he was the one who..." He trailed off but that was all Gilbert needed to hear. He pulled Lovino even closer. 

"I'm glad you told me" He whispered as he ran his fingers through Lovino's hair while he internally planned out the Spaniard's slow put painful death.