Chapter 40: The unexpected

After the long car ride to a fast-food restaurant, Jimin ordered two boxes of take-out fried chicken and four cups of cold soda. He tried his best to ignore the fact that Jungkook really was cheating and this broke his heart. The omega had no one to trust now if the love of his life went off to lock lips with a beta. “What does she have that I don't?” Jimin whispered in his head as he parked the car at the driveway. He could see a crowd just outside the gates of the house and caused him to roll his teary eyes under his shades. The omega stepped out just so he can open the car door of the back seats and take Minho out of the seat. Only then, Seokjin's car pulled up by the gates and he inserted the pin Jimin allowed him to use in case he wanted to visit. Jin drove in and parked his car right by Jimin's as he then got out to help take Sejin out of her own seat.

          “I knew you were coming. I ordered two more cups of soda for you both.” Jimin said as he took his pup out of the car seat, along with the two boxes of fried chicken while Jin took out the cup holder that carried four sealed cups of soda.

          “Why wouldn't I show up? It's not fair to you.” Jin added as Sejin got off the car and began to run while Minho followed after. “Hey-HEY KIM SEJIN BE CAREFUL!” Jin shouted and gave his daughter a stare to stay away from the gates since paparazzi clung onto it like leeches and shouted their questions like animals.

           “I don't get it… What does she have that I don't? Is is her inability to have pups that makes Jungkook so happy about it? I try not to get upset about it… But I saw those pictures and I know it's him… I know it is. Kyunsji can't be out of the asylum because they doubled his security…” Jimin whispered as he walked off to the front of the house, carrying the two boxes of got fried chicken. “He probably just needs her to feel good…”

            “It's better if you just leave it alone. It won't do you any good. Besides, if-” Just then, Seokjin heard the many vibrations of Jimin's phone going off and this left Jin to reach for Jimin's phone and unlocked it easily by using Jimin's thumb to unlock the fingerprint lock. “I'll see what it is..” Jin assured while Jimin smiled and nodded his head before getting the front door open and having Minho and Sejin run back inside.

              Seokjin slowly walked in as he gazed at the messages left by Jungkook as he read over them. It was so many messages, Jin didn't want to reply to them all but, just see if the alpha had anything to say about it.

             “Seokjin, just leave it

             “Seokjin, just leave it.. Don't reply to him. I want him to face me.” Jimin whispered as they walked into the house and ignored the crowd that were now waiting for Jungkook's arrival to ask questions on why he did it. Jimin walked to the dining room room and set the box of chicken down and set the plates up as the little ones gathered and sat down by each other to eat. Jimin was more silent than ever as he tried his best to show that this didn't bother him, but it did. Minho could see it and Sejin too. They were no strangers when it came to pinpointing how the atmosphere would change so suddenly from happy to sad within seconds.