Chapter 96: Slipped through my grasps

Minho stood there holding the envelope in which, he believed had his name written over the top since he couldn't really read it. The pup gazed at the hand of the ominous man and tilted his head to the side while pacing back. “Minho can't leave daddy…”

          “Ah, don't you want to go meet that special someone? Don't be a rude pup, Minho. He was nice enough to give you money and in return, he'd like to talk to you… How about this? Talk to him through here.” The man held up his walkie-talkie and continued to try and lure the pup in as Minho shook his head and backed up with the envelope in his hands until he dropped the envelope. The atmosphere around him turned dark and the pup was getting afraid. He knew nothing of this man and who he claimed to be. It was a feeling that came over Minho. Urging him to run back to his bodyguard.

             “Minho feels scared…” The pup whispered and paced back until he stopped and the man picked the envelope up and offered it back to the pup.

              “You shouldn't be scared! Here's your gift… Hide it. But you'll need to see him soon. He misses you so much. Your father-”

              “Father?” Minho asked and his eyes lit up. Believing the man spoke of Jungkook while in reality, he spoke of Sahiro Kyunsji.

               “Well… Yes! Your father is here! He wants to see you and he also was the one who sent you that money. He wants to surprise you! I heard… He's going to take you out to buy your outfit for the premiere. Let's go now. He doesn't want your daddy to know too. It's a surprise for him as well!” The man resumed and held out his hand with the envelope as Minho accepted the letter filled with wons inside. The pup took one more glance up at the man and just then, Joo-Ho suddenly ran in and shoved the man back onto the floor. Making Minho swiftly stuff the envelope into his shirt under the jean jacket and under his red sweater.

                “WHO ARE YOU?” Shouted Joo-Ho as he gripped his fists shut and glared at the man that tried to lure the pup in. This made a few families nearby scatter away at the ruckus. Unexpectedly, the man pulled a smirk while he was laying on the ground and glancing up at the man. Just then, he turned over and spring up, running off as Joo-Ho followed after. Chasing the sketchy man through the kid cafe until he began to tip things over to slow the bodyguard down. Blood ran through the bodyguard’s body as his gaze pierced at the unknown man up ahead.

               Eventually, Joo-Ho tripped over a few wires for an inflatable fort to his right, but that didn't stop him. He was delayed by a few feet and soon that distance grew between him and the monster with a scar over his pale face. “STOP!” Shouted Joo-Ho and just then, the unscented man that blocked his scent to keep his identity sealed, ran out of the building through an emergency exit. Once Joo-Ho pursued, the man was already gone. “Fuck…” Hissed the bodyguard out of breath and had no idea where the man hid so suddenly to make it appear as if he escaped. By there, Jimin began to call the bodyguard through his phone and the man caught his breath before answering. “Y-Ye…Yes?” Joo-Ho answered as Jimin then let out a relieved sigh to hear that the man was okay now.

            “Joo-Ho!”

            “I-I know.. I was irresponsible! But I stopped him from taking Minho! Is Minho there with you now?”

           “Yes he is… please get back quickly. We're leaving now.” Jimin told the alpha through the phone with a hint of worry echoing within the omega's voice. The alpha took one more glance around the alley and walked back inside the building with a few people staring at him from the ruckus that was caused by the man he chased. Sadly, there was no luck in capturing the unidentified man and Joo-ho returned unsuccessful. As soon as the bodyguard returned, Jimin stepped up to the bodyguard while holding Minho tightly in his arms due to how worried he was. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Jimin worried as Yoongi folded his arms and scoffed.