Revelations (Part 1)

12 years ago

"Everything ok?" Lou asked Miss Rose as she had seen the woman looking rather upset. Of course she knew why as she had witnessed another altercation between her and Stef in the cafeteria where the blonde poured oatmeal on her. Truth was Lou knew her daughter was intimating, lethal and downright mean. But she didn't expect anything less and didn't want to. "I don't mean to disturb your prayer time. I just saw what happened in the cafeteria and wanted to just make sure you are ok honey?"

"I'm fine. Would you like to come in?"

"I really don't wanna bother Rose."

"Please come in and have a seat. Tea?"

"Tea? Don't mind if I do." The red head said looking around at the woman's cell. It was rather cozy for she had kept her cell rather bare on purpose. Glancing at the woman's photos on the wall she could only smile soon inquiring about who they were." These your kids and grand kids? Cute. This one looks like a real pistol."

"Ha. That's my grandson. Isaiah, and you bet he is." Miss Rose said smiling and pouring the woman a mug of tea and handing it to her.

"Sweet. Bet you miss all of them."

"Yeah. I definitely do."

"I can understand. Have a grandson myself. Sweet boy he is. And a granddaughter but haven't seen them in years." Sitting on the woman's bed Lou took a sip of the tea continuing to stare into Miss Rose's eyes. Sure she thought she was nice and Lou would do anything to make friends with her. And she did.

"Why is that? If you don't mind me asking."

"Ahh my ways. Funny things happen in life honey. Things you never predict and hey mama had to do what she needed. He was after me and my kids so I took care of him. Had to protect them. You know?"

"I definitely do know and understand. More tea?"

"Thank you darling." Smiling at the older women the two talked for the next few hours as Lou was extremely capable of getting into people's minds and making them feel comfortable. Even the wisest of people as she continued to supply Miss Rose with the packs of cigarettes she needed to pay the Lion's Den with and form a closer friendship with her.

"You know honey I know it's none of my business but I do have an idea to get that Stef off your back. If you are interested. Because I hate to see what is going on and I can do more then supply just cigarettes. Way more." Lou suggested as the two were gardening.

"No it's fine Lou. I can handle her."

"Well if it gets to be too much I'm here. Always. I've dealt with one just like her. Many times."

--------------------------------------

Present

"Yaya do you mind if I have more pancakes?" Baby Stef asked as she had gotten up early to eat breakfast with her grandmother.  As the blonde was pouring coffee for herself her mind was still on the conversation she had with Mama Rose a few days ago. Sure it was troubling and rather unsettling to know that Sharon had always been around in some way in her life and that she had fucked over her mother big time in Chowchilla.  What was even more crazy was that no matter how hard Stef tried she just didn't remember her. That alone made her even more crazy among many other things.

FLASHBACK

"I did know her baby, we became friends, and she caught me off guard. I was very stupid and I told her what I knew about you. I told her too much and I'm sorry baby. I just had no idea at the time and never even thought about it.  Until one day she was gone and left a mess behind."