Magic Crystals

Another quarantine prompt! :D

before you correct me, I decided to pretend more hermits had bought crystals to make this more interesting uwu

Prompt: out of character

Scar’s crystals were powerful, more powerful than even Scar realised at first.

At first it was a joke, Scar giving out pieces of glass for diamonds saying they’d grant you powers, Cub, Grian, Ren, Stress and Xisuma had all bought the crystals, Grian had thrown his away, which, when this was all over, would probably have been one of the best decision he’d ever made. 

The first warning was the crystals exploding out of Cub’s pyramid, after he took them down he started to become lazy, then the luck crystal causing Ren to start having strange dreams, causing him to be paranoid and nervous, then the happiness crystal backfiring, making Stress angry and mean Then finally X’s crystal, messing up and making him closed off, uncaring and irritable.

Of course, they changed Scar as well, and Scar most of all, the crystals slowly but surely corrupted the cinnamon roll, turning him into anything but. The server members didn’t notice the changes at first, but slowly it became more and more noticable.

----

Everyone who’d bought a crystal in the past was gathered in front of Larry, Xisuma leant on a chest, looking bored, he didn’t want to be here. Cub sat on the ground, wanting to go back home and sleep. Stress stood with her arms crossed, glaring at Scar, he’d dragged her out here after all, what was the point in this? Ren looked around, he was shaking and he kept looking over his shoulder, as if someone was following him and Grian was just confused, he didn’t know why he was here.

“Alright, you all have bought a crystal, correct?” Scar said, pacing back and forth, arms crossed, there was an edge to his voice that wasn’t normal, It scared Grian slightly, though all the others didn’t seem to notice.

“Yeah, what about it.” Stress spoke up, crossing her arms over her chest.
“I didn’t buy them, I was given them!” Grian piped up in his usual chirpy tone, trying to drown out all the negativity around him.
“Yeah, yeah whatever, I would like you all to buy one more,” Scar grinned, but not his usual happy smile that warms your heart when you see it, an unusual smile, as if something was being planned, like something evil was behind it.

“Thanks for the offer, but not for me, cya,” Grian said, blasting his rockets and flying off into the distance.
“Rigght, so why would i want your dumb crystal then?” Stress humphed, giving Scar a one-eyebrow-raised glare.
“It’ll give you all the power you’ve ever wanted.” Scar said in a slight sing-song tone,

“Sounds great.” Cub said, “Can I go back to sleep now?”
Scar rolled his eyes at Cub and pulled out four green crystals, which he handed to each hermit.
“Now you should all be good to go, goodbye, see you all tomorrow!” Scar said, a glint of knowledge in his eyes, as if he knew more about what was happening than he let on.

----

As each of the four hermits settled to sleep that night the green crystals activated, floating over them, taking control of their bodies and minds, the crystals came to rest above their heads, suspended there by some magical force.

----

The next day Scar called them back to meet outside larry again, this time each hermit didn’t seem to want to protest, and were happy to do as Scar wished. Scar grinned as he looked at them all, he decided to play around with this a bit, so he was sure it was working.

“Cub?” Scar said, the hermit in question looked up at him with slightly hazy eyes, “Can you get me some diamonds?”
Cub did as he was told with no protest, taking his diamonds out of his enderchest and handing them to Scar, who pocketed them with a smile.
“Good, very good, very very good indeed.” Scar said, beginning to laugh, “I want all the profits from all of your shops.” he said, turning to face all the hermits together.