chapter 9

In the hospital, Sam thought about how she kissed Deena and if it wasn't for Josh interrupting them, she wouldn't have stopped.

She promised to herself, if there was ever the chance again, she wouldn't hesitate to kiss Deena.

Now, they were alone in Deena's house, and Sam felt happier than she has been in the last few months.

Sam sat up on the couch, tucking her legs underneath her as she faced Deena.

She started to say something, but then Deena started leaning into Sam.

Deena brought her hand to Sam's face, gently caressing it. Deena thought about the kiss often too. She felt the yearning between the two of them in the moment. They were sitting next to each other on the couch, but that wasn't close enough.

Sam put her hand on the back of Deena's neck and brought her towards her so she could lean her forehead on Deena's.

"I wasn't trying to say anything to stop you in the bathroom at school," Sam was nervous to being the incident up again but she felt that she needed to explain.

"I do love you, I always have." Sam's gaze went to Deena's lips then back to her eyes, realizing that they were shut.

Deena sighed when Sam brought that day up and the events replayed in her mind. Her heart ached when Sam said the word love, but of course Deena knew Sam loved her, but she didn't know if Sam loved her the way Deena longed for.

"As friends, Sam? You love me as a friend, right?" Deena sat up straight, pulling away from Sam. Her tone was serious, she wasn't expecting to ask her this, but she had to know.

"No Deena, we've never been just friends. I'm in love with you, I can't remember a time when I wasn't. It's you, Deena. It's always been you."

Sam grabbed the back Deena's neck and brought her face to hers. Their lips crashed together, and Deena immediately reciprocating the kiss.

She finally kissed Deena the way she dreamed of.

The moment felt surreal to Deena. She was in awe of Sam's sudden strength to not hold back anymore, and finally talk about how they aren't just friends. She longed for this moment to happen since the moment Deena met her. Deena always knew that she loved Sam, and she had to wait for Sam to realize that. She waited all these years and she would've waited her entire life for Sam.

Deena's hands went to Sam's face, pulling on her to bring her as close to Deena as possible.

Sam broke the kiss for a moment, attempting to catch her breath, both of them with a smile written across their faces. When they made eye contact again, they both let out a laugh.

Deena was full of happiness watching Sam laugh with her. And Sam was full of happiness being this close to Deena and finally telling the truth to her.

Sam stood from the couch, and held her hand out for Deena, which she gave to Sam instantly.

Sam led them to her room, and motioned for Deena to sit on the bed. Sam faced Deena as she got onto her lap, a leg on each side of Deena as she straddled her.

Deena put her hands on Sam's waist, looking up at Sam, almost not believing this moment was happening.

Sam kept her eyes looking down into Deena's brown eyes as she brushed back Deena's dark curls from her face.

"I love you too, Sam. Not as friends. Never as a friend." Deena kept her eyes locked on Sam, as they both looked at each other with complete tenderness and admiration.